A Conversation for Infocom Text Adventures

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 21

Seagull's Lost Horizon

Ok I've added a link on my page so hopfully you can get to it from there

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 22

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Cool! Thanks - it worked just fine. I loved the picture of the Vogon - looks like they've tried to keep the spirit of the game intact.

I did notice that one of your articles - the one about the Dr. Who Lost Episodes - is missing a link at the bottom. Have you tried to get that altered?

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 23

Seagull's Lost Horizon

wel first thanks for reading it, one if the things I hate is that you don't know if people read the stuff you write, unless they start a conversatation,

as for the link i think it used to be there but when the BBC took over it was gone I think, I've put links on my page now so if people want to see more they casn always go there

can't wait for the game to come out though that what it doesn't say ah well

HGTTG

Post 24

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

I was wondering if you (or anyone else reading this) could possibly help me with the query I have about the Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy game.

I recently found the HitchHikers game on the internet and am at the moment exploring the Heart Of Gold. I want to get some real tea from the Nutrimat, and the Invisiclues I've read say I need the interface which I won't find on the Heart Of Gold. Firstly I want to know where I will/should have found it. Secondly, how am I supposed to go to Damogran (where I suspect I am supposed to find the interface).

Thanks a lot.

HGTTG

Post 25

Seagull's Lost Horizon

If you type in help there should come up with the answer you need, if you are holding 'no tea' then drop it, beacuse you can't yet hold both at the same time,

if that doesn't help, sorry, post again and I'll see if I can remember what i did

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 26

Field Agent Victorama (or.. tfafka195602)

i realise that i am posting on a subject untouched for almost a year, but does anyone remember how to get the darn babel fish? i've used the gown, towel satchel and thing and have forgotten what other anti-cleanlinessbot measures were to be taken...

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 27

Seagull's Lost Horizon

its been a long time since i played it, getting the bable fist isn't easy, the only help i can offer is to type in help, and see what comes up, sorry.

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 28

Hoovooloo

OK, this is going to be a COMPLETE explanation as to how to get the Babel fish, so I'm going to leave big spaces between the bits so you don't see a spoiler...

First, hang the gown on the hook. I think you've done that already.

Now, cover the drain with the towel.

Block the panel with the satchel.

Put the pile of junk mail on the satchel.

Press the button.

Share and Enjoy.

smiley - cheers

H.

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 29

DANGG!!! now i remember why i had to keep the mail!! you forget things after 12 years you don't play the game!!
Thanx a bundle..

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 30

Hoovooloo

You're welcome. Any other problems, let me know. And if you need any help with Zork 1, 2, or 3, Beyond Zork, Enchanter, Sorcerer, Spellbreaker, Deadline, Witness, Suspect, Lurking Horror, Ballyhoo, Infidel, Moonmist, Starcross, Suspended, Planetfall, Stationfall or Zork Zero, let me know too and I can probably sort you out...

H.

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 31

well, if you could tell me where to find ROMs for the CCS commodore emulator of those games, i'd be obliged... i have found HHGG, Planetfall and leather goddesses of phobos so far, but regrettably i know that at least one (LGOP) depends on the materials infocom provided with the game... namely a map and a scratch-and-sniff card (yes, that's right..) i wonder if anyone has reproductions of these things? (an indication of what scent/where on the card would be good)... i once owned the original games, but have lost the map and the card has lost all scent after 14 years....

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 32

Oh, goodness...

Well, I know that the map, which is what you need specifically to find your way past the catacombs, is in the collected releases of Infocom games from Activision. Look for them in the used bookstores, and see which ones contain Leather Goddesses of Phobos - they'll have a version of the map in the booklet.

Wish I had a scratch and sniff card! (sigh) I do have an original ball of fluff from the HHGTTG game.

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 33

The wanted pixel

in just found the unbridled fun of text adventures out, and am doing well on HGTTG, but i cant find Bureaucrasy anywhere even at old gomputer markets and shows

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 34

It's going to be really hard to find. It's probable that you can find a download of it somewhere... but where? Get crazy with Google or Yahoo and see what you can find. I know that the DNA website offers the javascript version of hhgg, but not Bureaucracy. Sigh. The site does say that they're trying to make it more available in the future.

http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/

HGTTG & Bureaucrasy

Post 35

smiley - magicah, i loved those games so much...
btw to avoid getting addys you need to pass on, write it phonetically! i bet my shiny buttocks that if you wrote "3xWDotSitenameDotComSlashPagenameDotEichtiemmel"
it wouldn't get cut... i doubt they pass all communiquès by hand and bots can't take a joke....

lots of love to you all! smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post