This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

rationing...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I thought it had stopped... but apparently not, the online grocery service I use still has rationing, only two of an item... - even where the given item is "3 for X pounds" multibuy offer smiley - huh

In otter news, averaging 90000 - 100000 steps, 40 -50 miles walking a week.
Lost half a stone now (7 LB), err.... 2.5 KG (maybe... my calculation is probably wrong there)

Asides which, I've read about 50 books in the past … 6, 7, err, 8 weeks (how long is it now actually?) smiley - book

Thank BoB I stopped taking my medication, against my Drs wish (really peed them off by doing that I think), as that meant I could read again, (that is stopping the thyroid medication, levothyroxine, which made me so stupitidly ill)

smiley - yawn just boared now...

rationing...

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Half a stone is 3.2 kilograms smiley - geek

Did you need to lose them? Or is this down to muscle loss?

smiley - pirate

rationing...

Post 3

ahh, my maths was a little out smiley - blush - I've put on a lot of weight, from muscle, with all the weight lifting, but still had some of the excess weight/body-fat from being on steroids to loss, so that's a good weight loss... my legs if anything have gotten larger with all the walking; less my thighs, they're massive already due to the squatting at the gym, but now my calf muscles are catching up; I'm never going to find trousers to fit now; none are wide enough 'leg holes' I just can't get jeans etc., up my legs, and some of the loose fitting gym/sports trousers, etc, are getting tight on the legs now, whilst looser on the waist and behind smiley - laughsmiley - boing - pubs being closed, and my never drinking at home, may have something to do with it smiley - blush but also, with the walking, I'm averaging 1000 KCal more 'output' per day, than 'input' from food smiley - wowsmiley - coolsmiley - boing

rationing...

Post 4

Interesting. We do not measure in stones here and rarely in pounds. And our pound is 500 grams while yours is 453.5924 smiley - geek

smiley - goodluck anyway smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

rationing...

Post 5

smiley - bigeyessmiley - headhurts - I didn't know there were different* pounds smiley - wah - I did know the different fluid ounces in pints smiley - ale VS UK and USA though smiley - doh - the UK pint is bigger, which is the main thing to know of course smiley - cheerssmiley - ale I also never knew the grams that* accurately, for 1 LG... I always just knew it as 454 G, hence we get ground coffee in 227 G packs now smiley - huh rather than 1/2 Lb smiley - weird mind, some come in 250 G packs, or 500 G smiley - weird some pack sizes/amounts are so weird though; I think rather than increasing the price of it, they reduce the pack size so you get really weird weight say for a bag of frozen chips, with some completely random weight that doesn't equate to anything useful, like number of portions smiley - rofl Mind, frozen chips are rubbish I useually do my own potato wedges in the oven, baked with oil, where I can, lower fat, lower calory, and a lot tastier even if they do take almost an hour to bake properly slow smiley - drool

short walk this morning, to the rail station, and back a slightly longer route, so we could pass by the halal butchers/grocers, got naan, and lemons, and chicken breasts, plus some spices we were running short on, and then popped in nextdoor, to the hippy organic shop, to get barley smiley - zen will marinate the chicken overnight, and also make hummus tomorrow smiley - zen with the chicken, hummus, and naan, we oughta have most the food we need for the rest of the week, into the weekend....

Got another letter from hospital today, saying on no account am I to go outside, or be anywhere near anyone, and how I must not even be in the same room as anyone else, or share a bathroom smiley - huhsmiley - shrug

Got a phonecall this morning from my manager, at the gym, who's also my PT smiley - coolsmiley - evilgrin - he's gained weight smiley - tongueout so I made him happier by telling him how I've lost weight smiley - blushsmiley - evilgrin

hot here today, and so missing the pubs being open even more smiley - wah

rationing...

Post 6

Some of our bars re-opened yesterday, my favourite included. So I went there. Twice smiley - biggrin

There are restrictions, not all seats may be used, but we were good.

I offered to buy a round for the usual suspects since it was so long I had done it last. We had a good laugh over that smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

rationing...

Post 7

Baron Grim

Ours are reopening officially tomorrow at 25% capacity.

My local brewery unofficially reopened a couple of weeks ago under a loophole. Since they were a brewery, they were able to be open for take-out beer orders. When they reopened restaurants at 25% capacity, they assumed that meant they could also reopen for sit down customers under the same restrictions (along with their outdoor tables).

I was comfortable there as everyone was consciously spacing and there were only a few people (under ten total, employees included).

But I don't expect the rules to be followed at most places around here.

I don't know if my local "British Pub", will be reopening yet. It's a rather small and cramped place. I know I've caught respiratory infections there in the past, so I doubt I'll be rushing back even if they are open.

rationing...

Post 8

There are two rooms in "my" bar. The counter is in the smallest of them. This is where I usually sit. There can now sit 4 guests at a time. But there can only be 1 guest in the room if they are standing up.
In the large room guests can only sit on every other chair. If they insist on standing up there can only be 25%.
But it's alright. The usuals abide.

smiley - pirate

rationing...

Post 9

Looks like no movement in the UK, on bars/pubs, and gyms, having any kind of opening until July at the earliest smiley - wah - I have forgotten now what beer tastes like smiley - wah - several pubs round here are doing takeout beer, but I don't drink at home, mainly because its just boring to do smiley - groan

Still doing tons of walking, and lost yet more weight smiley - wowsmiley - cool and have read so many books now I'm loosing count, must be averaging about one audiobook a day smiley - cdouble
Did laundry this morning, so late out for our morning walk, which was shorter today, just 3.6 miles, and we'll do a walk about the same distance tonight... - it was way too hot for me outside today smiley - puff starting to feel quite ill now, from the summer/spring heat; I was wearing my summer style clothes, all through the winter this year as I overheat constantly

rationing...

Post 10

Baron Grim

The bars have been open here officially for almost a week (nominally at 25% capacity). But as much as going to bars was the bulk of my pre-pandemic social life, I'm not in a hurry to go back. I've seen how people around here mostly acting like reopening equates to complete return to The Before Times. Most folks in my state consider wearing face masks as somehow "weak" and "liberal fascism". They sneer at spatial distancing in most public places. Adding alcohol cannot improve the situation.

I miss my friends, and I might, just might, venture out to my local brewery/brew tap where there were never really any crowds to begin with as it's quite out of the way in the middle of nowhere (and their beer is ...OK ( smiley - shhh don't tell them I said that)). My favorite little (read "cramped") "British" pub, my former home-away-from-home will be a no-go zone for me for some time I expect. It could get quite crowded, but that's not my main concern. Unlike the brew tap, many, if not most, of their clientele these days are conservative, redneck, smiley - bleeps and I KNOW they don't give a damn about anyone else's personal space or wellbeing.

rationing...

Post 11

Wearing masks here seems variable, some people do, some don't, I've yet to see any scientific evidence that home made masks can do anything, and as I stand little chance of making one myself I've not taken to wearing them... anyhow, asides a few times inside shops, I've not been in any inside spaces in public, as no bars/pubs etc are open here smiley - wah - pretty much all the locals I normally go to are useually pretty empty anyhow thesedays, though who knows what they will be like after lock-down lifts smiley - alienfrownsmiley - ufo still just walking here, to pass the time, averaging, 42 miles a week or more... though yesterday was a day off, with just a 2.5 mile short walk in the evening last night; but we had done nearly 10 miles the day before and so I was pretty exhausted; especially at the moment as my testosterone injection is due soon, and so my 'levels' are low smiley - sleepy and I've not slept in several days smiley - zzz

rationing...

Post 12

Baron Grim

I've seen some videos that very clearly demonstrate how well even homemade masks can mitigate the spread of droplets and aerosol mist. They don't contain everything, but the distance the breath/cough travels and the volume is significantly lessened.

They do very little to protect the wearer since any mask that doesn't form fit one's face allows such aerosols to go around the mask. Also, handling a contaminated mask is an issue, hence the strict protocols medical personnel have to follow when putting on their PPE and removing it.

rationing...

Post 13

Baron Grim

Oh, and there's a comic making the rounds that really captures this.

In the first panel, two men with no trousers stand while one urinates on the legs of the other.

In panel two, the man urinating is not wearing trousers as the other is with his trousers getting soaked in urine.

In panel three both men are wearing trousers but the one urinating is only urinating on himself.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/wear-your-mask-the-urine-test-analogy-meme/

rationing...

Post 14

smiley - laugh that comic sounds good smiley - snork - guess I'll have to try get hold of some masks from online, assuming I can figure out how to 'size' such a thing smiley - alienfrown as the UK is now moving to make them compulsory for public transport (not that we're using public transport at the moment), and I assume they will gradually move 'that out' so that it becomes compulsory in more places, not that there are many places one can go, yet smiley - weird - we can't really travel anywhere, outside of the city as we don't have a car, and so don't use public transport for it; there would be little point anyhow, as no hotels etc are open anywhere to make going anywhere else possible smiley - huh

I've a hospital appointment, for my next testosterone injection, a week today, but the hospital is only 3 miles from here, so we'll just walk that there and back, so again don't need public transport smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post