This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

back to home from home...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Hospital that is... tomorrow... silly early... Well, actually the appointment isn't until 10 AM, but that means leaving home at about 9, to get the bus smiley - bus which means, I'll have to be up at 7, to take my first medication, then, in order to take my next medication at just after 8 AM, and then* have breakfast smiley - zen

Didn't make it to the gym today, did an emergency trip to Lush, to stock up on essential supplies... well, bath bombs, and jelly bombs smiley - laughsmiley - diva one of which, just joined me, a ton of epsum salts, and some rose oil bubble bath, in a bath... I was in the bath about an hour... shaved and washed, moisturised and washed hair smiley - diva used rose smiley - rose moisturiser afterwards smiley - diva

Probably oughta try bed early, tonight, after growth hormone injection at midnight smiley - zensmiley - pumpkinsmiley - sleepy
came over very tired this afternoon, and started getting cramps, in my feet... so I guessed low on magnesium, which I think was right, as I feel a whole bunch better after the bath (and the mag tablets I took a while beforehand with dinner, too) smiley - zen

Tomorrow, is first appointment with the metabolic bone clinic... at last might find something out about my fractured spine (T10 and ~T12 is all I know), and the osteoporosis... which I got diagnosed with about a year ago smiley - huh
Not much liking the look of the so-called medications to treat low bone density... the side effects, don't, really, seem worth the risk... - necrosis of the femeral head, and jawbone smiley - huh and also of the inner ear bone, are sideeffects listed, along with the useual #'mess up your digestive system', diverticulosis etc (and I already have a increased risk of diverticulosis due to family having it, and the other steroids meds I'm on...) - Plus now my hormones are 'normalising' more; esp GH, testosterone, thyroxin etc, all of which help bone density, and I've done over a year of exercise at the gym, including a lot of weight bearing exercises, all of which oughta improve bone density... smiley - weird well, shall just see what they have to say, and find out if they want to fuse my spine, or inject stuff into the fractured vertibray smiley - yikes which I think they sometimes do for fractured spinal vertibray smiley - alienfrown

Post 2

Baron Grim

smiley - goodluck

Post 3

ITIWBS

Not there yet on my own lower spinal osteoporosis and bone spurs problem, though pain in the region is considerably alleviate following the recent physical therapy.

Next item on the agenda after hernia repair surgery on the 20th, probably concurrent with post op pysical therapy on that.

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - goodluck to both of you smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

That Dr was interesting smiley - zen treated me like an adult which was good... and was intelligent enough, to pick up just from my use of language, that I've a background in biology.... so we got to skip all the 'baby talk' descriptions of stuff, and just use correct terminology when talking to each other... smiley - zen which makes things a lot easier... and quicker... - he was particularly grateful for my very correct and succtinct descriptions of my 'medical history', which always necisitates me starting back in 1993 with the RTA/TBI smiley - headhurts

He was very sceptical of my panhypopituitarism diagnosis... for the same reasons as me, namely the fact I never had any symptoms of it, before hand.... - he thinks the osteoporosis is due to steroids, not due to years and years of potentially low hormone levels as I 'built up' to panhypopituitarism... which makes sense...

he was impressed with my fitness; he noticed I'd lost weight, as although he'd never seen me before, he could see my weight this time at clinic, as they'd weighed me, and the previous weight from when I had the bone density scan, last year, when I was 25 KG heavier...

luckily I get no pain from my bones, even the fractured spine T10 and T12, which doesn't even seem to limit my movement smiley - alienfrown

Upshoot is that I need to start the horrible bone medication though... still hoping they'll do another bone density scan before I have to start them though, just to see what the bone density is now, before I start treatment....

need to go get a dentist before I start treatment, as you can't have dental work done once started on the medication....

there were two options for the meds... not for the type, but for the delivery method; we're going for the once a year infusions/IV method, rather than tablets, once a year for three years, because I useually get on better with IV/IM/SubQ medication; assume I react badly to a lot of illers in tablets smiley - huhsmiley - weird

so ATM, waiting to hear about a second bone density scan, and trying to find a dentist, then I assume just get the first infusion of the bone med smiley - doh

Unfortunately the Dr wants to limit my exercise a bit; abdominal crunches, or anything putting strain on the T12 level, (about the height of the end of the sternum) could damage the bones.... though he did agree it might not be so bad a risk as I've strengthened up back muscles so much... - so I've gone for a sort of compromise... I'll only do abdominal crunches with lower weights, either 21 or 28 KG, not as I was, with 28 KG and 35 and 42 KG smiley - dohsmiley - wah

Off to the gym after breakfast and steroids, and then home to phone the dentist, try get registered smiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more