This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

One year on, plus; new 'ball chalange'

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - evilgrin
one year on today.... 365 Growth Hormone injections later as of this evening smiley - zensmiley - nursesmiley - doctor Its the one drug that's made the biggest difference, and actually, in the last few days, I've just noticed some more improvements, in various health and feelings, etc., that I assume are still down to the growth hormone working deep into the tissues and cells smiley - zensmiley - geek - not to mention with the gym, calorie restricted diet, etc., I've now lost nearly 4 stone (56 LB (yes, a sack of potatos worth)) err... quite a few KG.... 20 KG something...

Now. smiley - evilgrin --

"Ball chalange"

This is why I really like my personal trainer. He's almost as mad as me.

OK; you know those exercise balls, the big inflated ones, used a lot in yoga, pilatez etc.

one of those.

there is one at the gym, probably several. nethertheless I've just gone out this morning, and bought one - its orange, and sitting on the sofa, It needed a name, so I'm going to call it 'Willson' smiley - biggrinsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - snork

Anyhow.

the challenge, is to see if my personal trainer, or I will be able to achieve this first; we're both starting at the same time, (don't tell him I'm cheating by practising at home).

Eventually.

after a lot* of practise, a lot of improving our 'core', and getting our balance really good, what we're going to do is;

Stand on the ball, and do squat thrusts with the 20 KG bar (or a heavier weight) <zen<>

Seriously. smiley - erm

it may take some time, at the moment, we're both at the stage of balancing on it with our hands and knees... - I can get up to about 70 seconds with no contact of my body to the floor... smiley - erm

this may take some practise but... its so gonha be worth it, when I manage to do this, before* the personal trainer does smiley - laughsmiley - zen

in otter news, was at gym yesterday, did various core exercises on the inflated ball, plus an hour and a half weight lifting, and some other bits. In the evening was ten pin bowling smiley - zen

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Now that is what I call a challenge! Good luck to you. Will follow this with interest!

smiley - pirate

Post 3

Baron Grim

smiley - erm I must say that sounds like a very bad idea.

There are tons of videos online (and on America's Funniest Home Videos) of people trying to stand on those balls and falling off them spectacularly.

A fall of just 3 feet can be deadly.

But I'm sure it can be done, with slow and careful practice. I once saw a juggler standing on a board... on a cylinder.... on a second, perpendicular cylinder.

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Slowely slowely is the key... hence we're doing it in stages smiley - zen

so far I've practised it the once at the gym, with the personal trainer, - most I could manage was about 70 seconds, balancing on knees and both hands; then I bought the ball to try at home.

First time practising at home I got up to 4 minutes.

then, practising again last night, I got nearly 9 minutes smiley - zen

practising today, a few times, first this morning, in the horrible horrible half an hour space between taking levothyroxine - before I can have coffee;;; 7 minutes, 8 minutes, and a 9 minutes (plus a few shorter ones of course) smiley - zen

did several 7 - 9 minute one's on it, this evening, whilst cooking dinner smiley - zensmiley - chef

after practising on the ball this morning, had coffee... then waited the horrible half an hour before I can take the steorids and eat food smiley - zen - so practised with the ball some more.

Then went to gym smiley - zen

did the cross trainer/elyptical trainer for a while, then abdominal crunches at 28 KG and 35 KG, then lat pull down and seated rowing at 28 KG smiley - puff then went into the weights room, and did an hour and a half bench pressing, squats, deadlifts, curls, reverse grip curls, presses, shoulder shrugs, and played about in the 'climbing frame' doing kicks, dips, and leg lifts and raises etc <smiley - zen plus a ton of stretching and winding up my personal trainer (wasn't working with him today, but he was their, training himself) - I think he's given up all hope now of managing to do the squats whilst standing on the ball before I can smiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs

oh, and already started doing some 'three poinhts' on the ball; balancing with both knees, but only one hand.... - at the current time just reducing that by one point, to just knees... is... a good way to fall off smiley - laughsmiley - zen - in otter news, some of my yoga positions like tree are now just so easy smiley - zen and my 'high kicks' in the 'climbing frame', are faster and higher smiley - zen - including doing a set of them, without touching the ground inbetween,, so just hanging supported on the dip'handles' smiley - zen

breakfast was porridge, with strawberry janm.
lunch was 100 Grams grilled chicken, four slices wholemeal bread, and mustard, with some pickles.
Dinner was grilled rosemary/herb crusted wild salmon, with basmati rice and long green beans, and plain yoguart, with a banannannnannna and apple for dessert smiley - zensmiley - magic

no gym tomorrow, going to brave the isles and go get some food in for over Christmas smiley - yikes

Weighed myself last night, lost 4 Lb since the 20th November smiley - zensmiley - cool - even though I know I must have put on equally as much in muscle mass over the same period smiley - zensmiley - puff

shower time in a moment then may* risk popping to a pub for an hour this evening, although we are out tomorrow night, at this drag act thing in a local pub - still not decided what to wear... has to be even more drag... or glam... or just over the top... than the drag act smiley - roflsmiley - evilgrin I'm sure my leather corset and knee high leather boots may feature in it, whatever the rest may be... - I'll see what the weather is like tomorrow night smiley - zensmiley - puff right... a few minutes before I shower, so its back to balancing on the ball smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more