This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Swans

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Oh, so you like swans too? I figured you might. Strong, dark shadowy things moving in the night, suddenly catching us unawares, in a dark alleyway, or suddenly looming out of poorly lit street corners, or deserted doorways.
err. Oh, that isn't swans is it... my mistake smiley - doh

Gym yesterday. two miles running/jogging outside, smiley - puff - I think the trainer thought he'd sneak it up to two miles straight, and I might not notice we'd turned and started the second lap round the park... - I figured it out quite quicikly by the sound of the busy main road, coming back and then when we hitfall the fallen leaves... smiley - laugh
Lot faster than my first few attempts; and a lot easier and more comfortable now I've got a sports bra smiley - ermsmiley - blush my smiley - titsmiley - tit don't seem to be shrinking any... quite the opposite smiley - laughsmiley - weird straight after the run, we went inside and I did forty minutes weights... little sore in places today smiley - laughsmiley - magic back to gym tomorrow, after a rest today; just 45 minutes walking, and we made hummus this morning. Oh, and I've lost a little more weight smiley - magicsmiley - diva

Swans

Post 2

Baron Grim

Did I mention I saw some semicelebrity chef on some inane afternoon talk show making hummus with lima beans instead of chick peas? It sounded simple and delicious. I believe it was just the limas, tahini, sesame oil, & garlic. I may have to break out the food processor one of these days and try my hand at hummus. You make homemade hummus sound so good.

Swans

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I shall turn some of my gomasio* into tahin** today. What better way of celebrating the second anniversary of my succesful hernia operation is there smiley - huh

*gomasio = lightly roasted white sesame seeds crushed and blended with salt

**tahin = paste of gomasio and oil

smiley - pirate

Swans

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - drool hummus is.... if not the new bacon, then a good food to eat with bacon smiley - yikes thus far I've only been developing my basic recipe; next up, soon, is variations, especially the chili hummus I want to perfect smiley - drool - actually chilli with mint; fresh mint and picklked chili peppers... trust me, its gona be amazing smiley - magicsmiley - drool My hummus is pretty simple; two cans chickpeas, drained, but not rinsed, drainage fluid/gunk reserved. for two cans chickpeas, 2 Table spoons/6 tea spoons tehini, 3 teaspoons cumin seeds, 2 heaped teaspoons pepper corns, and 2 teaspoons seasalt. I grind the salt, pepper and cumin in a grinder, moderately course... added to that is olive oil; now reduced to 44 grams olive oil (this is relatively low cal) smiley - zen - blend it all minus one can of the chickpeas, and the gunk, first then add the second can of chickpeas, blend again, with addition of gunk to get desired consistency.... - next stage will be adding a couple pickled long green chilis, to to in early on in the blending, then I'll play about with the mint to get that balance right smiley - zen - afte rthat I may even consider using some lemon juice, which I think you're ment too smiley - weirdsmiley - apple

Today was good... so sore today, aching all over from the run and gymn Tuesday, so I went to the gym, for a hsort session, 4 KM on the bike, then 30 minutes or so weights, bench press, inclinied bench press, squats, curls and shoulder shrugs with the 20 KG bar, plus stretches, and some leg raises and lifts, and some dips plus stretching.... that got rid of most of the sore/aching, then I had a hot bath later with all the gunk imaginable in it, epsum/magnesium salts, rose oil, anda a bath bomb etc smiley - zen then I really felt like the muscles had recovered from Tuesday; so ready for the next PT session at the gym, tomorrow now smiley - zen so went to the pub tonight smiley - zen - plus the extra half an hour walk to and back from pub smiley - alesmiley - zen lunch today was tinned soup (to raise my sodium intake), breakfast was boiled eggs on hummus on toast, and dinner was mushroom pilaf with duck spring rols... supper soon, will be some already cooked grilled chicken, with hummus, and toast smiley - zen and just injected the GH and took melatonin... smiley - zen

in otter news think I'm definitely coming down with this cough cold thing, so I'm double dosig steroids smiley - groan again smiley - wahsmiley - doh fish tomorrow I think, for dinner smiley - zensmiley - fish mmm... hummus... chilis... mint.... so have to make that soon smiley - drool

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more