This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

let the weird commence.

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - evilgrinsmiley - badger went into town with W, popped into a couple of the charity shops, and found me a pair of matching linen blouses for £4 each, one in a sort of pink, the other in sandstone smiley - diva looked at a couple of dresses and skirts, but nothing really which took my fancy smiley - wahsmiley - zen bought a bit of food from waitrose, the market stall, and Tescos smiley - zen Looked at bangles in the charity shops, too, again, but all way too small smiley - wahsmiley - crysmiley - divasmiley - handcuffs
And gave lodger his notice this rmoing to move out, by teh end of Febuary/start of March smiley - zen Oh, and finally got round to fillin in the 'advanced passenger information' for my flights dec/jan smiley - zensmiley - zoom which oddly revealed I don't know how to spell my own middle name smiley - laughsmiley - blush oops. smiley - snork
Oh, and my friend finally phoned me back, to finalise time etc., for tomorrow, he's gona pick me up, on our way to see deep Purple at the O2, tomorrow smiley - zensmiley - musicalnote

Sun was rather nice this monring, but even i felt a wee bit clod walking back from town, in this purple dress, even with the leggings smiley - brrsmiley - diva I should have wore my stole with it smiley - yikessmiley - zen tired, but did sleep quite long last night... - I woke up at about 7 AM, was feeling kinda sleepy, and bee was there, looking very sleepy too, so I sung her a lullaby, and then the next thing I knew, it was nearly 10 AM... so we'd both fallen back asleep smiley - zzzsmiley - zen Last of the chili tonight, I made , err, Monday I think, perhaps with a jacket spud tonight or with some bulghur, or just rice again smiley - zensmiley - chef Shall probably thorw a few extra mushrooms into it, as there are some that oughta be used up, soonish smiley - zen

let the weird commence.

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Just ate the last of a leg of lamb which I baked Saturday for a couple of good old friends. I put it in my roaster on a bed of potatoes and carrots cut into thick slices and with a lot of onion, garlic, parsley, rosemary, white pepper and salt. The result was excellent! smiley - drool

smiley - pirate

let the weird commence.

Post 3

Its the one thing I love this time of year... all the slow cooked stews, meats, etc, and making big portions so it lasts for days! - I've done sausage casseroles so far, pork stews/casseroles, a few chilis, and suchlike, Hopeing to get organised soon, and get some venison or goat to do next, in teh big slow cooker smiley - drool - I must get me a new roasting tray as mine old one is.... well I'd not want to eat anyting cooked in it smiley - laughsmiley - blush

let the weird commence.

Post 4

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Sounds difficult to get your blouse out if it's coming in sandstone - and I thought blister packaging was a pain! smiley - winkeye

No wonder it was so cheap smiley - tongueout

let the weird commence.

Post 5

smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

and, now, just for a little 'light weird' of an evening;

I'm waiting for a German to ring my doorbell, and ask me for his solid state harddrive. smiley - zen no. really I am. and, believe it or not; that is not* a euphamism! smiley - laughsmiley - geek Once the German has been and gone I can shower smiley - diva Think I'll go all retro for the rock concert tomorrow... and dress as a man smiley - laughsmiley - modsmiley - zensmiley - musicalnote get me leathers out innit smiley - evilgrinsmiley - zen

let the weird commence.

Post 6

The German rang my doorbell.
I gave him the harddrive.
He passed me a bottle of wine.

Weird just happens to me! smiley - laugh I don't even need to do anyting anymore, to persuade it to happen... it ... just occurs smiley - laughsmiley - zensmiley - weird

let the weird commence.

Post 7

Baron Grim

Nothing like a bit of early evening espionage.

let the weird commence.

Post 8

It was truely surreal. smiley - zen

All the moreso, of course, as, in my 'minds eye' at least; the horror of horros! - we were wearing matching purple dresses! (OK, so I was wearing a purple dress, he may have been, I've no idea, of course...) smiley - laughsmiley - zen

well, as the 'excahnge' was completed, I then showered, and now thinking about supper, and hopefully an early night... off to See Deep Purple in concert tomrrow, natch smiley - zensmiley - musicalnote

let the weird commence.

Post 9

Will you go dressed as Child in Time, Speed King or Strange Kind of Woman? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

let the weird commence.

Post 10

Strange kind of woman seems about right for me, really smiley - laugh well, most likely in leather jacekt jeans and as I grab it, whatever blouse/shirt comes to hand smiley - zensmiley - divasmiley - bikersmiley - modsmiley - zensmiley - musicalnote Or... of course... a deep purple pair of legginggs and purple dress smiley - laugh maybe not smiley - laugh

let the weird commence.

Post 11

Have fun either way, Deep Purple rocks! smiley - cool

smiley - pirate

let the weird commence.

Post 12

I've seen purple once before... oo... back in about err, 1996 or 1997, or 1995, can't recall! at the Birmingham NEC smiley - musicalnote last gig I went to was seeing sabbath in... err.... 2012 at Donnington (OK we saw meggadeth there too, and soundgarden, and, like a million other groups too, but really it was just to get to see Sabbath whilst everyone feared Iomi would soon be dead from his cacncer ) smiley - zensmiley - magic

I've just about decided on an outfit to wear... smiley - laugh oh yes... I'm gona go as.... smiley - drumroll -- Woman From Tokyo smiley - snorksmiley - rofl nah... even I'm not quite that insane.... yet smiley - biggrinsmiley - sleepy didn't sleep again last night. seems I now only sleep one night in three smiley - sleepy so drugging myself up with hydrocortisone and caffine and later on alcohol obviously smiley - laugh - but for now, I must* find food smiley - runsmiley - droolsmiley - friedeggsmiley - hotdogsmiley - cheesesmiley - ponysmiley - pandasmiley - burger - gona try wiggle my drugs about today so I don't have to mess about trying to smuggle drugs (OK actual medical drugs) into a concert, I guess they might get a bit itchy about me carrying random tablets in with me smiley - laughsmiley - illsmiley - zen waking up with some Sabbath and Zappa on headphones to try get into the inappropaite headspace smiley - zensmiley - handcuffs Hmm.... maybe I shoudl wear my corset to the concert... - it is purple, afterall smiley - winkeyesmiley - silly

let the weird commence.

Post 13

You can call me TC

I saw Richie Blackmore live. Also this was at a festival and we had passes for the after-show tent, where he did some extra bits.

I remember thinking - this surpasses any guitar playing I've ever heard; it's a class of its own.

That must have been about 1997. I went with the kids, who were not quite old enough to go on their own at the time. (Anyway I *wanted* to go!) They remember it, too - only the other day, we were talking about it, ZZ Top were the headliners.

let the weird commence.

Post 14

I've been to a worefully number of concerts, over my whole life... but I recall them all! smiley - musicalnote err... even those where alochol and maybe other things were rather more the order of teh day then they are thesedays for me in my so-called dotage smiley - laughsmiley - seniorsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - zen Mind, I can legit pretend I'm on speed today, and just take an exra dose of hydrocortisone to 'see me through' the concert smiley - laugh struth... I'm never gona grow up smiley - laughsmiley - alesmiley - stiffdrink - if all goes to plan we'll arrive early, find a pub nearby and get some booze into me to help wake me up a bit smiley - sleepy and hopefully also find some food beforehand smiley - zensmiley - burger - balancing out my food intake is probably more problamatic than balancing out the drugs now smiley - laugh can't... stop... eating... smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - zen Still think seeing Sabbath at donnington was one of my highlights, from concerts... Just a group I never imagined I'd ever get to see live after all the time they'd been going.... and given all the hardcore drug and alcohol abuse the band went in for, never thought they'd all still be alive TBH smiley - laughsmiley - zensmiley - snorksmiley - zensmiley - run I really oughta find yet mor eto eat smiley - laugh doesn't even seem that long since fried eggs for breakfast smiley - laugh or... maybe I shoudl just start on teh beer already smiley - runsmiley - alesmiley - stout no... gota bea good boy smiley - zensmiley - angel well... sort of good smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post