This is the Message Centre for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 1

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

We've got wood mice. They're living in the bathroom behind some wood paneling. They had been living on soap but we took all the soap out of the cupboard and put a humane trap in there.
The first trap we tried was plastic and therefore useless after they chewed through part of it. Then we got a metal trap, completely unchewthroughable. We caught 4 mice with it but now we're left with a mouse who has blocked off one entrance to the trap with paper, and stuffed more paper in the vents down that same side. The other entrance has been propped open with bits of wood, allowing easy access and egress.
This has happened twice, as when I found the trap like this yesterday I cleared out and binned all the paper and wood. This morning we awoke to find this mouse had done the same thing again. I'm thinking that we may need to put some kryptonite in there as well as cheese/chocolate. Any other suggestions?

smiley - cheers

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Tricky... clearly this is one smart super-mouse; He/she's carefully watched all the other mice,a nd is eager not to make the same mistakes as them.... try putting the trap in a differnt place? smiley - ermsmiley - erm or try a differnt kind of trap maybe... I'm not an expert on mice traps, but I dunno.. Do they come in differnt designes?; Maybe one sufficiently differnt woudl trick super-mouse and they'd fall for your cunning plan... smiley - ermsmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mouse

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

a smiley - mouselike that deserves to live in comfortsmiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 4

NPY

Clever mouse!! Annoying though. And they were eating soap?? That couldn't have tasted good. Did they hicc-up little bubbles??

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 5

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Get a smiley - cat or feed smiley - mouse with some slow release form of warfarin or other coumarin. Super-warfarin for super mice...

smiley - dragon

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 6

NPY

Interesting idea with the warfarin......

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 7

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Warfarin was originally sold as pesticide against rodents.

smiley - dragon

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 8

NPY

And there I was thinking it was used for blood/heart conditions!! Scary stuff if you're on it. You're taking a pesticide!!

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 9

As Paracelsus said almost 500 years "All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

... and warfarin saves lives, but also takes lives. Dosage is a little tricky.

smiley - dragon

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 10

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

hmm, don't think we've got any, but we've got glyceryl trinitrate spray smiley - smiley

The point is to, preferably, not kill them. If we wanted them dead I'd get a ferret before I even considered getting a smiley - cat

smiley - cheers

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 11

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Maurice_and_his_Educated_Rodents

smiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuom
smiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuom
smiley - spacesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - mousesmiley - catsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuomsmiley - esuom

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 12

I doubt if this super-mouse is called dangerous beans

smiley - cheers

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I'll walk in to itsmiley - winkeyehas he got a friend called Penfold ?smiley - whistle

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 14

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Just keep dropping hints to the mouse that baron greenback is on his way smiley - yikessmiley - zoom

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 15

ooh, we get toads in the garden, I could get one and put it in the cupboard.
Oh and more proof of the super-eyness of the mice round here. I was up in the attic earlier laying some new lagging and discovered that the mice have been living up there and have been burrowing tunnels through the mineral wool which was there already!

smiley - cheers

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 16

Owls are good smiley - mouse hunters. Don't feed them warfarin before though.

smiley - dragon

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 17

NPY

So have you tried your gtn spray yet? Might knock them out if done right??

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 18

could your mice/mouse be immigrant/s ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7074831.stm

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 19

well at least they haven't made giant killer zombie mice

smiley - cheers

Mice or super-rodents?

Post 20

yet!smiley - evilgrin

Key: Complain about this post

Mice or super-rodents?

More Conversations for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more