This is the Message Centre for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Trust are @&$#ing useless!!!

Post 1

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I recently puchased a new graphics tablet for my Mac, a Trust TB-4200, because it was cheaper than a Wacom, got decent reviews and said it was suitable for use with a Mac. When I got it home I discovered this last point was a minor exageration, while it did indeed work with my Mac there were no Mac drivers provided so it worked only as a mouse with no pen functionality, ergo I had just paid an excessive amount for what ammounted to a rather fidly mouse which took up more space than my fscking computer.

I emailed Trust to ask why I couldn't find the Mac drivers on either the CD supplied or their website. Today I got a reply which stated that none of their products are designed to work on a Mac and therefore their use with a Mac is not supported. This annoyed me somewhat as I'm fairly sure stating something which isn't true on the packaging of an item is against the law, specificaly the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

I managed to obtain the drivers from another company, Aiptek, who make the same tablet. In fact I believe they make the ones for Trust too. I also phoned the shop where I bought it and told them, they weren't impressed and will probably not be stocking any Trust tablets in future, and let them know where the drivers could be found and I've made a complaint to trading standards. Oh and I'll be contacting some computing magazines too.

smiley - cheers

The moral of this story is you can't trust Trust.

Post 2

Scandrea

*wince*

Ouch... man, that's got to be illegal.

Post 3

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Manufacturing..well repackaging, a graphics tablet and then not suporting the primary Art & Design platform is just plain dumb. I was right it was illegal, but it was the store breaking the Sales of Goods act, not Trust, although Trust may have been breaking a different law.

smiley - cheers

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit with many 'Trust' devices
"Mainly realtek network cards, and some connexant components. smiley - weird

Trust Trust to use another well-known brand to put their sticker on. It is the art to find out the real brand of their products, then you can use it as what they are designed for. "

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more