This is the Message Centre for pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

Pheloxi

Post 201

toybox

It would be pronounced yoh-ke (not sure the last syllable is described correctly though, I mean it more like the first syllable in 'kerb' rather than 'kettle').

As for Coral, it is a lovely name and wouldn't make me think of washing powder smiley - rolleyes

Pheloxi

Post 202

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I thought that might be how it's pronounced.

Mind you I often snigger at the football team Ajax (I'm so sorry Dutch folks) but here it's prnounced A-jax and it's a brand of cleaner for a certain item in the house

Pheloxi

Post 203

toybox

Oh yes, we have Ajax in France too.

The Seat Malaga is called differently in Greece (Seat Gredos apparently), because Malaga sounds like the Greek for Wsmiley - offtopic

smiley - biggrin

Pheloxi

Post 204

Willem

Toy Box wins the award for using the smiley - offtopic smiley in a way that actually makes some kind of sense.

Pheloxi

Post 205

toybox

smiley - blush

Pheloxi

Post 206

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Apparently Vauxall Nova car's didn't sell well in Spain, because Nova mean's 'Doesn't Go' in Spanish

Pheloxi

Post 207

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

no disrespect to anyone intended, but this is Peter's/Pheloxi's thread and should be left for solemn thoughts in memorandum.

please see this one
F1926355?thread=6567294&post=79896854#p79896854

again, no disrespect to all

Pheloxi

Post 208

Nosing about in a friend's journal, I just ran across one of Pheloxi's posts, as usual really sweet, full of smiley - peacesign&smiley - love.

smiley - peacesign&smiley - love

Pheloxi

Post 209

Malabarista - now with added pony

Ajax is a hero of Greek antiquity. See the Iliad. So it's no wonder they name various "strong" things after him.

Pheloxi

Post 210

aka Bel - A87832164

I just found that I'm not the only one missing pheloxi's contributions yo my journal.

pheloxi, you aren't forgotten, even though it's gone quiet in this journal here. smiley - rose

Pheloxi

Post 211

Websailor

smiley - rose

Websailor smiley - dragon

Pheloxi

Post 212

toybox

smiley - rose

Pheloxi

Post 213

Navigatorblack of the EAN Blackheart

smiley - rose I'll miss you my friend

Pheloxi

Post 214

AlsoRan80

Hi breycito,

AS pheloxi's younger sister this seems to me to be the perfect place to keep his memory alive. I am very sad that I am munable to find so much of my correspondence and friendship with him.

I think it would be good if you could write a little bit about yourself in your personal space. You do not have to, but it does make it easier to get to know the person. Someone has just written to me on another thread, and a third person was very cross because s/he felt we were intruding.

I do not think that is the spirit of this website at all.

I shall go on writing to you on pheloxi's thread and hope to establish as good a relationship with you as I had with him.

Go well, With much affection
Christiane
AR80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 215

Steven Emmens

Hello,

I am a journalist for Radio 1 in Holland.
I am doing a report on the life of Pheloxi, Peter van Barneveld.

I would like to get in touch with people who got to know him on the H2G2 site.

My email:

[email protected]

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 216

aka Bel - A87832164

I got your email, thanks. smiley - smiley

I'll forward it to a friend based in the Netherlands who has met Peter from what I know.

Myself, I've never met him, but I'm willing to answer any questions you might have. smiley - smiley

Bel

smiley - somersault

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 217

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

My email is on the way! smiley - biggrin

Ooh! I see my dear sister smiley - witch Bel has been in contact too!

Guess who gave us that name smiley - winkeye

lil x

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 218

Websailor

I have a name, postal address and email address for his brother. Should I pass it on do you think"

Websailor smiley - dragon

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 219

aka Bel - A87832164

I guess that's where Steven got our email addresses from, but then I may be wrong, of course. And anyway, Harry himself posted it in the first post of this thread.

I have no idea why Websailor's post was hidden. let's hope it will be back soon, as she only wonders whether to pass that email address on.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 220

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Probably someone pointing out that we are not supposed to give out other people's personal information - even if they have been left onsite before.

Webby, I have a feeling Steven is a friend of the family smiley - hug

lil xx

Key: Complain about this post