This is the Message Centre for pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

anoyance!

Post 1

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

Bush and Blair nominated from Nobel Peace Price!
the reason is they got ride Saddam

some personal remarques
- US enormous deficit
- public opinion
- Dr Kelly scandal
- BBC vs PM
- death

please Nobel commity just say "NO!"

anoyance!

Post 2

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I agree... if anyone deserves a peace prize it is not them by any shot of the imagenation,

anoyance!

Post 3

toybox

The Nobel Peace Prize? You're sure it's not the IgNobel Peace Prize?

It sounds like a joke! smiley - erm

anoyance!

Post 4

it is not joke.

Simonsen, a Norwidian memnber of parlement forwarded Bush and Blair's names, because got Saddam.

Jagland, a former Noewedian Prime Minister, said that European Union was nominated for Nobel Peace Prize, because of expantion to east. a big contribution to peace!

source: NOS teletekst (Dutch version of BBC CEEFAX)

anoyance!

Post 5

IMSoP - Safely transferred to the 5th (or 6th?) h2g2 login system

Oddly, this news seems to have already happened some months ago smiley - erm

There was a thread about it here: F19585?thread=278119 - and yes, it is even the same Norwegian. Is he trying to make some kind of point, publicising the nomination to provoke debate or something? [I just heard the headline on BBC Radio 4 "News" smiley - huh]

So yes, they ("we"smiley - grr) got rid of Saddam, great. Maybe they prevented some hypothetical future war, but you could say that about any war couldn't you? I mean, if the second world war hadn't happened when it did, there might have been an even worse one later, but that doesn't exactly make it peaceful, does it?

smiley - erm[IMSoP]smiley - peacedove

annoyance!

Post 6

toybox

On the other hand, just become someone suggested they may be nominated means they'll get the prize.

annoyance!

Post 7

I found a link in the other thread to an online petition against the nomination: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/302184339

It now claims over 100,000 "signatures" (including mine). Even if there is little or no chance of them winning, we should all make clear how very wrong this Norwegian politician (or are there more than one of them? I'm marginally confused) is in making the nomination in the first place.

anoyance!

Post 8

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

In Light of the recent illuminations on WMD in the US by Kay and possibly the BBC events-
smiley - ill That is so very wrong IMO smiley - sadface
Boo! Hiss!

Kofi Anan should have been given the opportunity to be a bigger influence in Iraq then he very might have deserved itsmiley - wah

It's just another twisted reality;
Why not honor Libya for coming forward with their weapons program or Korea for pushing the US to have peace talks rather than the status quo of the US ignoring themsmiley - cross
smiley - peacedove

anoyance!

Post 9

Increase Matter wrote "...some hypothetical future war..."

you mean current "Bush war 2" is not war?

anoyance!

Post 10

pheloxi, I was saying that the argument was that they *prevented* some hypothetical future war - and was trying to say what a stupid argument that is. If it were true (and how could it possibly be proved?) it might serve as a justification for the war (lesser of two evils and all that) but it would certainly not make this very real war in Iraq magically mutate into peace. As I say, my signature is on the petition against.

anoyance!

Post 11

I understand....

anoyance!

Post 12

Odo

smiley - yikes I hope whoever decides on the final recipient of the prize has some common sense and is completely impartial.

anoyance!

Post 13

dasilva

Sorry Odo, it's usually based on politics! smiley - sadface

anoyance!

Post 14

the Nobel commity not always gives it to major politic figures. just look at the 2003, the Irian female Jugde.

anoyance!

Post 15

Keseral - lost...

DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM!!!!

sorry. about smiley - 2centssmiley - 2cents (thats four cents!)

Key: Complain about this post