This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Late night / Early morning

Post 1

GreyDesk

It's pushing on towards 5am and I've given up trying to sleep for tonight. So I've decided to wander back on site to pass the time until it's time to get dressed and go to work for another day.

There we are then, right now it's just you and me and my raging toothache smiley - wahsmiley - injuredsmiley - wah

Post 2

marvthegrate LtG KEA

You've my sympathies GD. I have to be awake in 5 hours but can't sleep due in part to a toothache.

Post 3

E G Mel

Right off to the with both of you smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 4

GreyDesk

Dentist? No sorry, I'd rather try managing the pain with the nice big bottle of ibuprofen stuff that I purchased the moment the Chemist shop opened this morning.

Best of luck with getting some smiley - zzz Marv smiley - ok

Post 5

E G Mel

So you're just going to let the problem fester and get worse? Interesting solution.

Mind you saying that I haven't been to the dentist in 4 years and I need to go when I get back. I don't like going but it's one of these things that you have to put up with as you know it will all be better afterwards.

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 6

Mu Beta

**Joins the club of people who haven't gone to the dentist for too long and are too scared to go now**

B

Post 7

Secretly Not Here Any More

Heh, last time I went to the dentists I ended up in hospital for two days. Compacted wisdom teeth my arse!

Post 8

Mu Beta

They _are_ compacted if they're in your arse...

B

Post 9

E G Mel

You probably couldn't get a dentist appointment even if you wanted one smiley - sadface There aren't enough NHS dentists.

What annoys me is that if you don't book an appointment every so often they wipe you off the books. I don't even remember getting a letter saying I was due for one smiley - erm

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 10

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Makes my little run in with Dewey in the small hours look like small potatoes - I only lost about two hours of sleep... but considering I've been losing two to three hours each night for about a week now smiley - yawn

Post 11

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Oh, and I haven't been to a dentist since the mid 1980s smiley - winkeye

Post 12

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Is this the same toothache that you had *months* ago?

Post 13

GreyDesk

Why Kelli, what a great memory you've got smiley - smiley

Yes it is the *same* toothache that I had months ago, and the tooth remains as smashed up as it was back then.

And I'm *still* not going to a dentist as the pain has subsided for now, so there is no need to go smiley - zen

Post 14

E G Mel

'Smashed up'???

smiley - yikes

Go and see someone, quickly, before you end up with no teeth/gums!

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 15

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Think I told him that last time! I have no sympathy, go and see a dentist! smiley - cross

Post 16

GreyDesk

But I'm scared smiley - wah

Post 17

E G Mel

It'll be a darn sight less painfull in the long run and dentists are nice people really, they have got loads of new gadgets too, which make the whole process more gentle. smiley - smileysmiley - cheerup

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 18

GreyDesk

If one of those gadgets is a fully trained Anaesthetist with a full box of tricks, then I *might* play. Other than that, then it's no deal I'm afraid smiley - erm

Post 19

E G Mel

If your teeth are really *that* bad it might well be.

At least go and see what they say, you don't have to have the treatment they suggest. (Though of course I advise you do smiley - nurse)

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 20

GreyDesk

My teeth aren't actually that bad. I had extensive flouride treatment as a youngster so the basic structure is pretty solid.

The problem that I have at the moment is that about one third of a molar is missing due to the filling falling out, which was then followed by one corner wall of the tooth. Since the start of that event, which is a good year ago now, I've only had two bouts of toothache. The second of which lasted only a few hours. None of you would have known about that last one if it hadn't happened in the early hours of morning, I came here and talked about it as I needed something to keep me occupied.

Key: Complain about this post