This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

I might have broken a toe

Post 1

GreyDesk

I stubbed my toe quite hard this morning. I didn't think anything too much about it at the time, apart from taking a moment to hop around the room swearing loudly.

Well in the last couple of hours I've turned the heating on - it's getting a bit chilly down here. As a result my extremities have warmed up and I can now feel them again; and as a result I'm getting a strong pain signal from the second toe on my left foot smiley - injuredsmiley - sadface

Post 2

HappyDude

I did two last year so smiley - spacesmiley - hug

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Ouch...smiley - cuddle

Post 4

Secretly Not Here Any More

Can you wiggle it?

Post 5

GreyDesk

Only slightly, but then I don't have very mobile toes.

Post 6

It's probably not broken then, although I apparently broke my metatarsal and didn't notice so I might not be the best person to ask.

Post 7

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

If it swells up like a balloon *and* there's some nasty bruising, then you should certainly do summat about it.

Post 8

Orcus

Advice.

Put any shoes you may have lying around near the front door or anywhere else firmly in the cupboard. I broke my toe once and painful as it was, it didn't compare to the agony of when I then went and kicked a shoe in the dark left by my housemate by the front door.

Post 9

GreyDesk

I've just made it back from a walk to the corner shop - 200 yards there and back - and it's agony. I had to stop twice on the return journey to let the pain subside, and I could only walk really slowly and with a pronounced limp the whole way. Bugger smiley - sadface

Post 10

Get some painkillers down yer!

Post 11

GreyDesk

Good idea! smiley - ok

smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - drunk

Post 12

Just call me the plan man. Or not, because that's an awful nickname.

Post 13

I'm not really here

I don't think anything can be done with toes even if it is broken. smiley - sadface

Post 14

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I broke my big toe on my right foot, was it last year or the year before? I forget. It swelled up tremendiously, and it was absolute agony to walk (though I didn't stop as one can't relaly), it still clicks a bit more noticabably than the ohter big toe smiley - erm I did some home remidy for it, in the knowledge that the only advice I'd likely get from the smiley - doctor would be what I knew anyhow, so bound it to the next toe for a week or so to imbolise it as much as possible, within a few weeks it was a servicable toe again, though took quite a bit longer before it was anything like back to nomral smiley - erm

Post 15

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on a toe
"Try not to use it, you will have some nine spare instead. "

Post 16

GreyDesk

I think I'm in the clear.

The toe has been a lot less painful today. It still throbs a bit, but it's not stopping me from getting around and doing what ever it is want to do toady. smiley - ok

Post 17

Baron Grim

It's probably alright then... But it doesn't really matter much because it is true, there's not much you can do for a broken toe, like broken ribs. Just favour the other foot as best you can until it the pain goes away.

I know I broke a toe one time... I was in a heated watergun fight with a girlfriend. I was running at full speed chasing her with a glass of water (the war had escalated when she caught me with the spray hose from the kitchen sink). I kicked the sofa during mid stride at full speed. I think young children from three counties learned some new language that day.

Post 18

JulesK

Spouse maintains I once broke his toe when I was too energetic and pushed him off the bed smiley - yikessmiley - blush

Obviously I disagree smiley - angelsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post