This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Skiving off in office hours?

Post 1

GreyDesk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007190999/qid=1131034054/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-5108659-7883656

You wrote how many pages, boys? smiley - bigeyes

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

"Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 68,141".

This thread should bump that rating up to about, oh, I dunno... 68,139 maybe? smiley - tongueout

Post 3

E G Mel

It took me a while to realise the connection! I never knew we had true authors in our midst! smiley - winkeye

Post 4

E G Mel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books-uk&field-author=Sangster%2C%20Jim/026-8373512-4986849

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books-uk&field-author=Condon%2C%20Paul/026-8373512-4986849

Seems it's not just a hobby!

Post 5

Orcus

Oof, the Scorcese book gets a bit of a slating. Maybe the next one should go through Peer review smiley - laugh

Post 6

Mu Beta

Do you think we should all add 'comments'?

B

Post 7

GreyDesk

Why not. The Guvn'r has been known to write comments on the Amazon site - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0664256937/customer-reviews/ref=cm_rate_rev_pagepos4/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/026-5108659-7883656smiley - spacesmiley - winkeye

Post 8

Mu Beta

Yeah. I was going to post them more in order to take the piss.

B

Post 9

parrferris

I had a quick shufti at the tome in Ottakars this afternoon. It's all good stuff, possibly even definitive, but it weighs several hundredweight, which is the main reason I elected not to buy a copy just yet.

Post 10

Mu Beta

Ooh. I have an addiction to big books. smiley - drool

B

Post 11

I'm not really here

I should point out that if it weren't for that book, I might have starved when I was made redundant. Someone had to fill the hole that they left as the deadline whoosed closer. smiley - biggrin

Post 12

GreyDesk

Well I hope you declared the bunce when they asked you at the employment office, "Have you done any part time work in the last two weeks?"

smiley - whistle

Post 13

I'm not really here

I was signing on and off like, er, what does sign on and off frequently? I'd register with them, then never have to go back to sign on as I'd got some work for a week or so. Then I'd have to rapid reclaim. I was very good and didn't do anything underhand. They did pay me for at least three days I was working though. smiley - doh

Post 14

GreyDesk

My lot have pretty much given up on me. They couldn't cope with the idea of me doing occasional days of work at £20 - £35 per hour (I even got £50 p/h one time, but that was a one-off). So as a result whilst I've been continually unemployed since February, I've (more or less) continually not recieved any money from the Government as a result of my status.

Though the problem that I've got now is that all of the juicy bits of work that needed doing and I got paid to do, have been done. There isn't an awful lot of consultancy work out there at the moment, and looking at the NHS timetable, there won't be until the end of February.

It looks like I'm going to have to get a real job smiley - sadface

Post 15

I'm not really here

They were good with me, although they kept telling me as a mum I didn't have to sign on. It was a pain, and I'd rather not have done it, but unless you sign on you don't get paid for travel to interviews, and most of mine were in London before cheap travel came in.

I was shocked at how little unemployment benefit is! It's gone up less than £10 a week since I last claimed - around 13 years ago!

I hope you find something soon, although I don't advise a proper job. smiley - zzzsmiley - laugh

Post 16

Peta

Talking of which... smiley - winkeye

Post 17

I'm not really here

Check the clock, it's gone 3pm! smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GreyDesk

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more