A Conversation for Eric Bloodaxe, King of Jorvik (York) and Northumbria (947-954)

that eric sure was a great guy...

Post 1

soliltary potto. (wearer of humerously sloganed t-shirts)

...infact he's like my great greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandad, a geneologist once told my dad in a pub that all Websters in the yorkshirey northumbriay area are most likely diret descendants of old eric. so i assume that i'm one of them.

Post 2

HappyDude

smiley - cool

Post 3

smiley - peacesign

Post 4

HappyDude

I'm not sure eric would of approved of that last post smiley - erm

Post 5

i know, okay then. let's talk about blood eagles then. the blood eagle was a kind of torture in them days, so called coz two slits would be made in the poor fellows back and someone would reach into the guys back and pull his lungs out of the holes so they looked like wings, but the guy would still be alive. i'm not sure if that's biologically correct, i read it somewhere.

Post 6

HappyDude

sounds like the sort of thing they would of liked to do back then smiley - smiley

Post 7

indeed it does.
i think if erik saw the smiley - peacesign he wouldn't have understood what it ment, it think he was probebly quite dead by the 1960s. if not and he's coming to rape and pillage my bedroom i'm polishing my axe as we speak (don't think that makes sense)

Post 8

HappyDude

got to admit I'm quite fond of the axe as a weapon, hand axe & short (parrying) sword for close in stuff & a pole axe for more open stuff (so much more flexible than a spear)smiley - spacesmiley - smiley

Post 9

indeed.

Post 10

HappyDude

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post