This is the Message Centre for Willem

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 1

Willem

Here is a wonderful video and article of elephants making music:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24400364

This really made my day, it's so heartwarming! I don't know about the musical merits of this but they do seem to be enjoying themselves and certainly it suggests that we are not so different from other animals.

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 2

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - cool I wonder about making tough enough instruments. Wow about the harmonicas! I am glad they are finding something else to do, they tend to be social and human friendly. I'm glad that they and their mahouts can still make a living. The rest of the fauna are happy not to be losing their habitat.

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 3

How about this for an animal-man interaction:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/elks-sparring-photographer-caught-tape-152350689--abc-news-lifestyle.html?vp=1

this happened in North Carolina somewhere. I think that the buck realized he was male.

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 4

cactuscafe

Amazing, Willem! We need to book these guys some gigs, a world tour perhaps? Promote their first album? smiley - rofl.

No, but it's really special, and heartwarming indeed.

I can't open the video link, Elektra my luv. Now I really want to know what happened in North Carolina! With the buck, who realised he was male. The plot thickens. I love it when I can't open links, my imagination runs riot!

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 5

Fui! That will teach me not to use American TV links. It was featured on Yahoo yesterday and I thought that it would show. But no luck, most amazing shots the buck came over intitially friendly ---but then got a weird look in its eye and it head-butted the photographer.

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 6

cactuscafe

Really? smiley - rofl. I wish I could see that. The buck with the weird look in its eye.

It's the way you tell 'em, luv. smiley - rofl. The inimitable Elektra turn of phrase. I love it. smiley - kiss

Pachyderm Percussionists

Post 7

Willem

Yeah I can't see the video either Elektra! But I could read the article which was very interesting! Anyways hi to you and to Cactuscafé, glad you liked the musical elephants!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Willem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more