A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback

Does any-one know of some good chase music?

Post 1

Researcher 138018

I really really need some decent chase music for a short film trailer I'm making. I ask if anyone knows of a piece.

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Could you give some more information? What genre is the film? What is the scene in question about? Is there any other music in the trailer that must be matched with the chase music? Are you unwilling to pay copyright fees?

I mean, you've got everything from "Flight of the Bumblebee" (classical music suitable for Charlie Chaplin and the Keystone Cops) to Billy Joel's "Running on Ice" (modern pop about fleeing from urban craziness). Take your pick.

Post 3

Peta

This is the forum for feedback on the h2g2 website.

Your question should be posted in the Ask h2g2 forum, http://www.h2g2.com/Askh2g2 - where it will get a much better response.

Thanks

Post 4

Researcher 146620

How about "The Chase" by Giorgio Moroder?
Excellent synth-based disco chase music.

chase music

Post 5

Researcher 148284

i think some of the best chase music that i am pretty sure hasnt been used for a movie is "sabotage" by the Beastie Boys. It can be found on their "ill communication" album.

Post 6

Oragami

Chase music need not be fast itself. Try "Le Prelude" by Franz Liszt.
A classic piece of chase music.

If you must have something fast go for Bach's 3rd partita for solo violin first movement. (Get Nathan Milstein's version if you can)

Or try Bach's 3rd orchestral suite. Sometimes called "The sewing machine"

Post 7

Researcher 146899

Try to find the soundtrack for the first dirty harry movie ....
aside from having some of the best chase scenes/music the soundtrack itself is one or the best i have ever heard on a pre-90's movie...
you may have to get the dvd and record it off of that.. or go to a movie rental store, look on the back of the box and find out the name of the composer and try to find one of his albums. the name dosen't come easily to me right now, but if you find it, it is definately worth the search...no matter how long it takes ... i will look and see if i can find the name and get back to you ......

MC3

Post 8

Wraith

How's about Here by VAST. It's on their / his first album: visual audio sensory theater. the track has a really good string intro, then breaks into a much faster pace. actually, the track cannot be described, it has to be experienced... if there is a legal smiley - smiley way to send you a snip of the track, I will be happy to do so...

i know of the best writer of suspense/chase music EVER!!!!

Post 9

Researcher 146899

Lalo Schifrin: did the music for all the dirty harry movies probably the first composer (pre-80s) to utilize the fantastic world of the break-beat......you will miss out if you dont check-out

i am not just saying words here
MC3

i know of the best writer of suspense/chase music EVER!!!!

Post 10

Abi

Guys this conversation is best held in the Ask h2g2 forum. This page is solely for feedback about h2g2. Thanks.

Post 11

Researcher 148160

if you need something stylish , try with Michael Nyman.Or good ol' Bernard Herrman . Love to help you more . Can you be more specific?

Post 12

Lizard Prince- A437203 Owner, Muse, H2G2GAs, Prince of Lizards, Carrier of Black Towels

I would suggest "Rebel 'Rouser", which was used in the chase scene of "Forrest Gump". Another favorite of mine is "Johnny B. Goode". The "Go Johnny, go, go, go!!!" part is very fitting.

Post 13

The artist formally known as me

I think he's called Lilo Schiffrin - basically he did the music for the film 'Bullet' and others..

Post 14

Abi

This thread is now closed - please do not post in this thread.

Key: Complain about this post