This is the Message Centre for Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Well well well...

Post 1

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Life does have it's ups and downs, doesn't it?

Is there some sort of mathematical formula for the inverse proportions of decent breaks to the quality and pleasantness of a person?

Cos it seems like there should be.

Not that being able to calculate it would solve it, but it'd be nice to measure it.

Well well well...

Post 2

The Groob

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Would make for some interesting research actually, if you could find a way to measure such things.

I've always lived by the golden rule, and with the exception of a lovely spouse I think it has gained me diddly squat in this life to be honest. I've often thought of dropping the rule and becoming a *%#! What would that achieve for me? Maybe I'd have two houses, maybe a villa, be comfortably solvent like the guys who I was at school with and who wouldn't think twice about crapping on anyone if it's for their benefit.

Enough about me though; what inspired you to make this post Robyn?

Well well well...

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyessmiley - cuddle

Well well well...

Post 4

toybox

smiley - hug

Well well well...

Post 5

Oh, seeing lots of lovely genuine people, people I really care about deeply, being crapped on, dragged through things they dont deserve, having problems heaped on issues on problems until it's almost too much to bear...

And that's without going into any detail about those people also suffering from physical problems which make everything else so hard to bear.

I'm having a week's leave to be there for my friend who's going into hospital for the second time for problems with her ovaries, which may also have cancerous cells complicating things, but they dont know because they screwed up her results and had two seperate files on her etc. etc... That's sort of what inspired it, but it got me thinking about how the really good people in this world seem to be the ones with the real problems. But because they tend to just get on with it, all you really hear about is the people who have self-inflicted problems shouting about how nobody ever helps them...

Or they succeed while raining their crap down on the rest then add a bit of scorn at those below them for not pushing themselves harder...

It's not just money, most of the people I consider 'good' people see money as a necessary evil that oils the wheels, not as an end in itself. It's about the way they are treated by people, damned bad luck and, in fairness, there's nobody I'd wish pain on, but some people deserve it less than others...

Well well well...

Post 6

nortirascal

I work with people who blame others all the time for their situation, but I am there by choice. Life does strike me as very unfair when good people are dispatched to whichever deity they happen to support, whilst the feckless and selfish are rewarded with uncanny fortune. The devil ooks after his own they say smiley - winkeye

It's always the acid test of true friends, those that are there to offer whatever support they can when we're at our most vulnerable and lowest ebb. At least you are there for your friend Robynsmiley - ok a sure sign why I admire and respect your judgementsmiley - magic

Well well well...

Post 7

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

<>

Hey that's reflective of my tagline

For me this is cos it makes life interesting. Particularly entertaining to the god(s) looking down on us.

I'm no way amused however particularly as my mental health seems to have had a knock.

Well well well...

Post 8

Ouch! smiley - sadface There's a lot of that about... I count myself lucky to have survived so far untouched though I've had plenty of experience with people I've been close to being pretty battered, mentally.

As for the tag line thing... My friend who is in hospital is particularly fond of the saying 'Without rain there would be no rainbows'

I like it, even if it is a little too true!

Anyway, she had ehr op today but she cant come home till tomorrow. I just hope they let her out in the morning. I've got a gig I HAVE to do in the evening and I want to make sure she's settled as I wont be back until midday friday. Wish I didn't have to leave her so soon but I'll be here pretty much non-stop after that till I go back to work thursday morning.

You know what I love about life though? Once in a while you are lucky enough to meet people who have such a similar view on their role on this world that you can bond with them and give of yourself without worrying that you're fgoing to get crapped on by them by accident or design.

they are the rainbows in this rainy world of ours, I guess...

Well well well...

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

the rainbow is the love child of the sun and the rain

smiley - pirate

Well well well...

Post 10

BMT

smiley - cuddlesmiley - spacesmiley - rose

smiley - cat

Well well well...

Post 11

Update:

Nothing much has changed... Except that some people have gotten worse and I'm dealing with stuff too now.

Ho hum. Pancakes, ice cream, clotted cream and fruit will make it better. A bit at least...

Well well well...

Post 12

Malabarista - now with added pony

And horses! And an Entry on the FP smiley - applause

(smiley - cuddle)

Well well well...

Post 13

smiley - smiley Cheers Mala. smiley - smiley

*takes a bow*

smiley - sigh

You know those times when you just cant quite enjoy anything for long anough. Just as you get excited it sort of stops suddenly instead of trailing off to normality gently? Hm...

Ah well, I get it pretty easy most of the time, I'll stop moaning now, after all, I ought to do some w*rk hile they are paying me to be here! smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post