A Conversation for Angband - The Computer Game

Writing Workshop: A528482 - Angband - The Computer Game

Post 1

Researcher 188007

Entry: Angband - The Computer Game - A528482
Author: Zathras (Unofficial Custodian of H2G2 Room 101. ACE and holder of the BBC Pens) - U147291

Having played said game and its variants rather a lot, I'd like to have the chance to finish off what Zathras (out of the building) started. Er, I should know how to do this but can't remember...

A528482 - Angband - The Computer Game

Post 2

Silverfish

Do you still want this to be in the Writing Workshop, Jack? If you do, then by all means leave it in, but if not, then please remove it, by clicking the remove button next to the entry in the list of entries.

Thanks smiley - smiley
Silverfish

Post 3

Researcher 188007

Oh, it's not my entry originally - I was trying to work out how I could add to and improve it, since the original author seems to have left the building. But I can be a bit dim at times, and couldn't work out how to do this, or who to ask. Any ideas how I'd go about that?

Jack
smiley - panda

Post 4

Silverfish

I think the easiest way would be to create a new entry, with the appropriate name, then copy the GuideML from this entry into it. To get the guideML, I think the easiest way is to replace the A, with the word test in the URL adress for the entry. In this case, you would want to go to this adress:
www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/test528482

I think you would only want the bits between the BODY tags, as the rest is created automatically.

If you do this, then, I think you should remove this from the writing workshop, and submit the new entry as yours, acknowledging the original author, as appropriate. You could then edit the new entry, which I don't think you can with the original entry.

I hope that helps, Jack.
Silverfish

Post 5

Silverfish

Was that of any use, Jack?

Post 6

Researcher 188007

Oh, yeah, that's great smiley - cheers I'll get round to updating the entry sometime.

Post 7

Elentari

I don't know if you're still working on this... smiley - smiley but Angband is actually Morgoth's fortress from The Silmarillion, not his prison. Also, I'm sure you've spotted the spelling mistakes.

Post 8

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Jack?

Post 9

Geggs

Ekaterin picked up Zathras entry, add a few bits, and got it Edited at A2266850.

So, I'd say this is done.smiley - ok

Geggs

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more