A Conversation for Reading the Guide

Tachyons

Post 41

F F Churchton

It's still stupid, it's one of those laws of physics with no point. Altough friction does msot of the work so you don't have to deal with it much unless your travelling quite fast!!!

Tachyons

Post 42

NPY

just more smiley - ale to give you that energy to slow down????

Tachyons

Post 43

F F Churchton

Although after a few smiley - ale, gravity sort of changes direction as well. It becomes less vertical and more horizontal!!!

Tachyons

Post 44

NPY

don't think i've ever seen gravity get drunk....maybe he just does that in certain places at certain times

Tachyons

Post 45

LigLuryJr

The important question is whether or not Beer has tachyons, and does it cause them to slow down, or vice versa. Should techyons slow beer down, then I don't think we should have anything to do with that. In fact, there ought to be a grants set up to stop anything from slowing beer, or beer production, down.
Lig.

Tachyons

Post 46

NPY

well that's an interesting point. though if you serve the beer ice cold it'll be slow anyway as whatever heat energy the beer may have had has been taken away, hence it being cold, and so the componant molecules not moving in any kind of hurry at all.

Tachyons

Post 47

F F Churchton

Although if you slow down beer maybe the gas won't fizz out as fast and become as flat as a Eastenders storyline!!!

Tachyons

Post 48

NPY

but so long as you keep it under pressure the fizz should stay. they make it fizzy coz the gas is disolved under pressure. and don't worry i really doubt anything could get as bad as Eastenders.

Tachyons

Post 49

LigLuryJr

Being from Canada, I've tried to avoid the Eastenders as much as possible. My parents watch Coronation St., but that's some sort of anomaly...like tachyons.
Perhaps we can create our own type of tachyon that slows things down by its very physical virtues. We can then apply them to both Eastenders and Coronation, thus destroying both programs.
That's what Captain Picard would do!
Lig.

Tachyons

Post 50

F F Churchton

Corrie will take alot more effort, it being on five times a week and generally Manchurians take alot more effort to get rid of!!!

Tachyons

Post 51

NPY

five times a week!!! and just think - there are people who actually make the point of watching it every time it's on.......oh help!!! that'll take a LOT to get rid of smiley - yikessmiley - ermsmiley - huh

Tachyons

Post 52

F F Churchton

Well actually its on four times a week but the one of Sunday is one hour long!!!

Tachyons

Post 53

NPY

oh help me please!!!! and I thought I was mad!!

what is the world coming to??

Tachyons

Post 54

xhamulnazgul

think of it like this....

In Calculus on certain graphs we have "Asymptotes" these "Asymptotes" are places that the graph can go on into infinity and never cross the invisible line...

Now if we assume the Speed of Light is an "Asymptote" then we could assume that from our side of the L.S.(Light Speed) line we could get as close to the L.S. line as L.S. minus an infinitely small number, shall we say for the purposes of illustration that the small number is 0.1x10^-trillionth power, now if we assume this then we could also say that the Tachyons could, theoritically, "slow down" to L.S. plus the same infinitely small number(0.1x10^-trillionth power). Now this would seem to prove that the Tachyons and us live in so-called "Parallel Universes", now this would lead into another discussion of "Parallel Universes" so I shall stop my ramble and leave you to speculate about what I have said.

Tachyons

Post 55

NPY

Sounds like you're a bit of a physicist then.

Think I follow you, though I haven't done much physics in the past few years. Think I know the graphs yuou mean. You keep getting closer to the wee line wiythout ever actually touching it.

You're right though that the parallel universe thing's a whole other topic.

Tachyons

Post 56

F F Churchton

Is the tangent of 90 the same thing or is that an entirely different kettle of fish???

Tachyons

Post 57

NPY

I'm not sure.

Key: Complain about this post