A Conversation for Celtic Knots

Is this article going into the edited guide?

Post 1

Pimms

Hi Dragonfly
This article inspired me to write my own A981911 . I trust you like my own first stab at composing an entry, which approachs Celtic Knots from the angle of creating contemplative knotwork, rather than you own which attempts to inform on the basis of the symbolism of certain individual knots.

Gnomon pointed out to me that your article hasn't been included in the edited guide yet (which I had overlooked, just remembering the recommendation posting in the conversation).

What is going to happen to your article smiley - huh I realise you are busy smiley - run with many things (and how!) If you were to add to your article further you could go into the triqueta, triskele and valknot, the last two of which are not simply motifs but genuinely have symbolism (though not necessarily Celtic).

Is this article going into the edited guide?

Post 2

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

AWww... thank you darling for all your interest and especially for taking the time to write to me in such depth. I want to read your article, and I am quite tempted to further this one. WHen that happens, I dunno... kinda have things "booked" until.... May 23!!! smiley - yikes

But hey, if I work a little at a time, it couldn't hurt... smiley - winkeye

Keep on Celtic Knottin' (I forgot about this article!!!!)

Be aware!

Post 3

Pimms

If you do find time to read my article (and attached conversations) I should point out before you get there that your article 'inspired' mine because I disagreed with it smiley - steam - I wasn't keen on the symbolism you applied, and lack of references you gave for your assertions.

I thought I ought to get a bit better acquainted with your other entries, to see if my critical feelings were biased by my limited knowledge of your creativity. Obviously quite hard to judge when so many are collaborative, but I did like the one on drummers (particularly the drum breaks) smiley - coolsmiley - ok.

The one on Guitar mnemonics was a little hard to follow as I am no musician.

I once tried to teach myself to play the piano, using Red Book 1 (or some similar title), but gave up when I didn't recognise that the tune for the simple piece entitled 'Crunchy Flakes' was actually Jingle Bells with new lyrics smiley - doh

Be aware!

Post 4

bongoheroditus

There doesn't seem to be any reference to the fact that there are no examples of any of the patterns mentioned from pagan times. All the patterns areeither only to be found in christian artefacts or (like the pentangle knot) completely non-existent before the 20th century.

A wonderful article about the New Age reinvention of the Celts, though. Cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more