This is the Message Centre for Montana Redhead (now with letters)

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 41

justus jonas

Fraulein or Fräulein (schmitz sounds like you have those ..letters on your keyboard)?

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 42

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Justus, darling. Unfortunately, we tend to be of the American persuasion, so our keyboards are, sadly, without much in the way of accenting our letters. But thanks for the suggestion!

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 43

justus jonas

Never mind, a common way helping your self with american keyboards is to writ ae for ä, so you would be a Fraeulein G., and later in life you could even become Gr(ä/ae)fin Ingelore von Stavenhagen-Hohenzollern zu Landeck-Niederstaufen Grafenberg, er you now...

see you

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 44

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Errrm, too much for me.. I will stick with FG and Red it that is alright.

Marv

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 45

FG

While I may be German (100% as a matter of fact) I don't plan on having *that* long of a name, JJ. Although I do wish I had the umlaut, the double s, and various accent symbols on my keypad.
Espanol's upside down exclamation mark and question mark would be fun.

Now that I think about it, to continue with the German theme I think I might change my name to "Countess Grafenberg".

Hmmmmm.....

*strokes beard thoughtfully*

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 46

Marv, Red works just fine for me, but in formal settings, I prefer the name "Goddess." This, of course, presupposes that I will actually ever be in a formal setting which requires a formal name. Kind of a jeans gal, myself.
And Fraulein, I don't know...Countess? I would think Duchess. I like the ring of it better. Go ahead, say it out loud...
smiley - devil

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 47

FG

I chose Countess because that *is* a title of the German nobility, unlike Dutchess. Unfortunately there are no Dukes or Duchesses--that's an English, French, Russian, etc. thing. There are, however plenty of Counts and Countesses. They're a dime a dozen in Germany and Austria. I have to be true to my people!

*Starts humming some soul-stirring German anthem*

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 48

justus jonas

Oh, the european nobility is indeed an exciting topic to discuss. Intersted if there is something about it somewhere on the guide. Going to check it after posting this message. Anyway, the "punshing prince" is perhaps worse an entry.

so long jj

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 49

Okay, Countess. But still.
**heavy sigh**

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the lead government agent on the Mustang Ranch case (he works with my sister). All sorts of good stuff for my paper for Emmons...all sorts of stuff on internal politics, and the like. I guess he is going to fedex me a bunch of stuff on the case itself, and how folks felt about it, and all sorts of things I would never have access to otherwise. So I think my paper has found a "problematique" that he'll accept...government control of a legal brothel in Nevada vs. the backalley prostitution here in town. How's that for a zinger?!?!?!

goes off grinning like an idiot smiley - biggrin

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 50

Okay, Countess. But still.
**heavy sigh**

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the lead government agent on the Mustang Ranch case (he works with my sister). All sorts of good stuff for my paper for Emmons...all sorts of stuff on internal politics, and the like. I guess he is going to fedex me a bunch of stuff on the case itself, and how folks felt about it, and all sorts of things I would never have access to otherwise. So I think my paper has found a "problematique" that he'll accept...government control of a legal brothel in Nevada vs. the backalley prostitution here in town. How's that for a zinger?!?!?!

goes off grinning like an idiot smiley - biggrin

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 51

FG

Good for you! I hope your frustration has been alleviated somewhat. He's coming from the historian's standpoint: every thesis has to be proven, and every statement has to be researched and footnoted. Don't take it personally. smiley - smiley

Unlike you English majors! You can just hypothesize all you want, without having to prove a thing! Lucky ducks! smiley - winkeye

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 52

I am, sadly, no longer an English major...but old habits die hard.
So, check out what I wrote on the thread for the last book you read. I think I will be reviled on short notice. But I had to be honest! Or at least play smiley - devil's advocate!

Hope your day goes well, dear. Does a countess rank above or below a Goddess?! smiley - biggrin

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 53

FG

Considering the fact that Goddesses don't technically exist, I would have to say a Countess has a higher ranking. smiley - winkeye

Removed

Post 54

FG

This post has been removed.

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 55

Thanks. But I have that...his argument is that I need it for MISSOULA only. But I spoke to him on that, and he agreed that 12 weeks is an awfully short time to expect heavy duty number crunching. So that will be okay. The head agent on mustang ranch is sending me all sorts of stuff, so that should make an even more interesting problematique than Butte/ Helena vs. Missoula. Legal vs. illegal, dark and dirty vs. government-run...interesting twist, eh?

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 56

FG

Red! My article on Missoula is now in the "pending" column. Meaning it's to go into the guide shortly...and the sub-editor f****d it up!! Norman Maclean's name is spelled wrong, the phrasing of one sentence makes it seem as if Hellgate Canyon is Missoula Canyon, my links were removed and changed, they've got the Lewis & Clark Expedition in 1904---aaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!

*bangs head on keyboard violently*

Anyway, see you later tonight!

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 57

marvthegrate LtG KEA

If you need I can give you the names of responsible people to report inaccuriacies(sp?). That way it will be correct. Let me know.

Marv

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 58

justus jonas

So much about authenticity and reliability of information you find on the web. I don't trust anything anylonger...

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 59

FG

Who should I bring my tale of woe to, Marv?

I was going ot post it in the Feedback Forum, since I notified the subeditor in question, and they have yet to get back to me...

One Hell of an Orgasm

Post 60

marvthegrate LtG KEA

After an exhausting minute and a half of research, the feedback forum is the best place to go. You can also leave a message on Peta's page http://www.h2g2.com/u24 (I think, going by memory) and she will at the very least point you in the proper direction.

marv

Key: Complain about this post