This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

This could go either way ...

Post 81

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

For me, too.

Post 82

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

This is not *really* surprising, is it?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/alex-jones-leaked-video-trump-042212206.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_04

Post 83

Baron Grim

Not at all. Alex Jones is nothing if not cravenly self serving. He is vile. He needs to get in the smiley - bleep sea.

Post 84

We have a new president. He's not perfect, but at least he doesn't scream and rant and harm other people.

Post 85

Here's a little hope for us smiley - smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39akrHEIDBM

Post 86

An economist has calculated that the Corona crisis has cost every Dane USD 14,418.46 / EUR 12,099.98 / GBP 10,421.49. In return, we have only had 2,377 corona-related deaths so far.
In comparison, neighboring Sweden has had 13,003 deaths.
Admittedly, there are more people living in Sweden (10.23 million), but that is only 1.76 times more than our 5.80 million ...
So far, it seems we have chosen a better strategy, but it's still early days.

Post 87

Status one year after 3/11:

Researchers have calculated that if Denmark had not closed down on 11 March 2020, up to 35,000 would have died of Covid-19. Out of a population of 5.8 million.
The current death toll is 2,384.
During the pandemic 1918-1920, between 15,000 and 18,000 Danes died. Mind you back then we were only 3 million.

Post 88

smiley - sadface

Post 89

Just watched the film "RED" with my secret love Mirren plus Freeman and Willis. I learned that RED means Retired Extremely Dangerous and decided from now on to add RMH* to my cv and signatures on letters, documents and such.

* = Retired Mostly Harmless smiley - senior

Post 90

Isn't it ironic that racism comes in so many different sizes, forms and colours? smiley - huh

Post 91

Retired, harmly mostless

Post 92

Agnostoicism.
Yes, it is a thing:
I don't know, I don't believe and I don't care.
Because I'm busy enough by just being smiley - smiley

Post 93

I can only surmise why modern people read the Bible. I got through the first three books of the Old Testament and wondered why people would bother. So many rules to follow, that only the Hasidim would follow nowadays. So many genealogies that can't be followed to the present day, unless you are a royal genealogist or a fantasist.

God will smite you if you commit an act that you probably wouldn't, or omit something that's unlikely/impossible anyway.

smiley - huh

And what comes later is likely contradictory in uncountable ways. Even the New testament evangelists can't agree on their Christly genealogies.

But as food for thought, there are snippets here and there. And the Psalms and Songs of Solomon are often beautiful.

Post 94

Baron Grim

When I considered myself agnostic, I considered agnosticism as a quest for knowledge. I explored many philosophies during those years. Taoism appealed to me for a time, but only the Tao Te Ching, not the weird religious stuff with breathing through your eyes or the sex stuff.

Some consider agnosticism as either wishy washy or lazy, as less than atheism. I'm proudly atheistic now, but I don't think less of anyone who professes agnosticism. I quite like Neil deGrasse Tyson's stance on his agnosticism.

http://youtu.be/CzSMC5rWvos

Post 95

I used to be an agnostic because I was lazy. There, I admit it. So I labeled myself an agnostic. Until somebody asked me: "What type of agnostic are you? Strong? Weak? Theist? atheist?" And I answered: - Oh my God This used to be such a simple game - and now they have turned it all into an intelectual battleground ... You can read the (only 20 short postings long) thread about it here if you like: http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F32210?thread=151433 My reasoning back then was actually the same as Tyson's. So thanks for that link, Baron. I NDGT. In return I'll give you Richard Dawkins and Ricky Gervais in conversation, which I watched only two days ago. 1 hours and 22 minutes and I enjoyed every second of it. (Well, almost): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0BC3F0kqtw You will notice Gervais ridiculing agnostics, but that's fine with me, since I'm now an agnostoic ;-) We simply don't care if Tyson is right or Gervais is righter. It's all semantics to us.

Post 96

I respect the universe as it is.

If there's no deity, I respect that.

if there is a deity, I will not go around telling the deity how to do things.

There are people who curse God. Maybe God has less power -- or reasons we don't understand.

Post 97

Quote of the day:
"Mayonnaise: One of the sauces which serve the French in place of a state religion." (Ambrose Bierce, 1842-1914)

Post 98

From Port Mahon in Menorca?

Or from Mayenne?

Add garlic, and its aioli bo.

The French used to revere good food. Don't know if they still do.

There's no shortage of fast food in Paris. smiley - winkeye

Post 99

I know the legend of its origin. Don't know if the legend is true but then who cares as long as it tastes good, am I right?

And Aioli is indeed good. As is mayonnaise with Curry. Or with Harissa. But be warned: smiley - dragon

Post 100

Baron Grim

Remember, mayonnaise provides evidence of future time travel.

A2043398

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more