This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

How (and why) to wash your keyboard(s)

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If your keyboard has begun to fail you as a keyboard, Pierce, perhaps you could put it over your head to shield it from the hot sun....

Post 22

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

*Now* he tells me smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 23

Well, it's that or try to use it as a frisbee. smiley - tongueout

Post 24

No can do at the moment. I needs to stay calm, says my quack smiley - doctor. He thinks I suffer from a sunstroke.

But I want a second amendment. Or something. Cuz I don't suffer smiley - weirdsmiley - drunksmiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 25

I only do soil amendments, so you'll need to consult (or insult) another quack smiley - doctor.

Post 26

Baron Grim

MIKE: Maybe you shouldn't have poured all of that washing-up liquid in it.

VYVYAN: But it says here, Michael look, "Ensure machine is clean, and free from dust"!

MIKE: Yeah, but it don't say, "Ensure the machine is full of washing-up liquid"!

VYVYAN: No, but it doesn't say, "Ensure the machine isn't full of washing-up liquid"!

MIKE: Well, it wouldn't would it! I mean, it doesn't say, "Ensure you don't chop up your [KEYBOARD] with an axe, put all the bits in a plastic bag, and bung 'em down the lavatory"!

VYVYAN: Doesn't it? Well maybe that's what's going wrong!

Post 27

Baron Grim

Ugh... Ignore that, let me edit it better...

MIKE: Maybe you shouldn't have poured all of that washing-up liquid in it.

VYVYAN: But it says here, Michael look, "Ensure [KEYBOARD] is clean, and free from dust"!

MIKE: Yeah, but it don't say, "Ensure the [KEYBOARD] is full of washing-up liquid"!

VYVYAN: No, but it doesn't say, "Ensure the [KEYBOARD] isn't full of washing-up liquid"!

MIKE: Well, it wouldn't would it! I mean, it doesn't say, "Ensure you don't chop up your [KEYBOARD] with an axe, put all the bits in a plastic bag, and bung 'em down the lavatory"!

VYVYAN: Doesn't it? Well maybe that's what's going wrong!

Post 28

I've never felt like chopping up my keyboard into little bits, but I no longer have a television set, given how I used to feel like throwing something big and heavy at it. smiley - grr

smiley - winkeye

Post 29

Chopping up my keyboard with an axe was never an option. And now that washing them worked so well I'm sure it never will be.

I have however threatened to reprogramme one of my former computers with a fire axe.

smiley - pirate

Post 30

I need more coffee. Your last line sounded as if you were going to use fire ants. smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post