This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Delusions of reality?

Post 41

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - ta for your input, Sho

As I am

smiley - pirate

Delusions of reality?

Post 42

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It's okay, Sho. smiley - smiley I'm just speculating all over the placesmiley - blush.

Delusions of reality?

Post 43

SashaQ - happysad

On Classic FM this afternoon, Hugh Grant said he doesn't listen to much music these days, because it makes him feel sad and close to the edge of an abyss. It was fascinating to learn that his feelings are similar to mine...

Not all music makes him feel sad though - he has a Pep playlist and I have a Pep playlist too, although I didn't call it that. His is Abba, but mine is electro pop dance music.

Delusions of reality?

Post 44

ABBA's fine. I also like the Carpenters. Sinatra will do fine, as well. smiley - smiley

Delusions of reality?

Post 45

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

My musical tastes... or desires get mor e odd with age... increase... o r something... smiley - headhurts I can't understand them anymore smiley - weird latest is for Elizebethian lute music and mediavial plain song smiley - huhsmiley - headhurts but still with the electronica, blues, zappa and hard rock/metal thrown in from time to time smiley - alienfrownsmiley - headhurts

Delusions of reality?

Post 46

Nobody does lute music better than John Dowland. Weiss is good, too. Then there re the Bach lute suites, which I enjoy when played on guitars.

Delusions of reality?

Post 47

SashaQ - happysad

I went through an Elizabethan Lute Music phase myself in the early 2000s smiley - laugh

I still count myself as a Queen fan, as there are some appropriate phrases that float around in my head but I have to be careful what I listen to as not all the lyrics of each song are appropriate for what I'm thinking, and some songs are just desperately sad these days...

Delusions of reality?

Post 48

Well, John Dowland's lute songs are sad enough that they can make you cry, but they're also too beautiful for words. Crying because something is beautiful is one of the things that make life worth living.

Delusions of reality?

Post 49

I miss not being able to cry. smiley - sadface

Delusions of reality?

Post 50

SashaQ - happysad

"Crying because something is beautiful is one of the things that make life worth living."

Thank you - that is a lovely phrase and makes me feel better, that I cry, but it is because of beautiful person. I like to have time to not cry as well, though, as I want to do as much as I can to make a difference to people and carry on the beautiful work, but I also need to forgive myself if I have moments...

Delusions of reality?

Post 51

very true/agreed smiley - zensmiley - cry I find it quite depressing now I can't actually produce tears anymore, though often I get the other sensations of crying, just minus any tear produciton, if that makes sense smiley - huhsmiley - weird music is always one of the strongest things at inducing strong emotions smiley - zensmiley - musicalnote I think it hooks straight into the brain on some level

Delusions of reality?

Post 52

Yes, it does.

Key: Complain about this post