This is the Message Centre for Gnomon - time to move on

Harry Potter Ends

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Saw the final Harry Potter film at five past midnight this morning. The best of the series - death and mayhem throughout.

They changed the plot around slightly, as well, to make it more believable and easier to follow.

A great night's entertainment - I was home and in bed by 2:30, and then up again at 6:30 for work.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 2

Icy North

Could you follow it if you didn't see part 1 of part 7?

Harry Potter Ends

Post 3

Beatrice

I'm heading for a rather more do-able 5pm show today!

Harry Potter Ends

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Could you follow it if you hadn't seen Part 1? I don't think so, although if you were familiar with the book you might get away with it. It didn't start with a summary of the story so far, it just launched straight into it.

Our cinema was showing the first 7 films over the last week so that people who had forgotten them could get back into the story before watching the final film.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

It was showing in four separate screens in the cinema last night, two in 3-D and two in 2-D. Thankfully we went to the 2-D version.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 6

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

For no particular reason, I have never met the books and we so rarely go to a theatre. I'm thinking that perhaps in a year or so, a boxed set of DVDs might be manageable

Harry Potter Ends

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

I have yet to watch HP7.1
For some reason, I never made it. Do you think 3D would be too scary?
I really loved the films I've seen in 3D so far.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

>>Do you think 3D would be too scary?

I don't think so. But it might be too dark - much of the film takes place at night, and 3-D goggles do tend to make things darker.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, good to know. I hate films that play mainly in the dark. I'll give it a miss then. smiley - smiley

Harry Potter Ends

Post 10

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*giggles*

I've just picked this up from facebook! smiley - rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

Harry Potter Ends

Post 11

Baron Grim

smiley - laugh

I'm pretty sure I've seen that before, but it still made me giggle.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 12

Beatrice

Ooooh, that was great!

Yes I think you really need to know what's happened before, it doesn't stand alone. But works much better as a movie than it did as a book - I felt it dragged as a novel, but there's some superb moments of cinema there.

Harry Potter Ends

Post 13

Superfrenchie

Will be going next week.
smiley - shhh Don't tell me how it ends... smiley - winkeye

Harry Potter Ends

Post 14

You can call me TC

I went yesterday. Good way to spend a wet Sunday afternoon, but I'm annoyed that it was in 3D. I didn't have any choice if I wanted to see it in the original English though.

Watching it without having seen all of the other films may be rather bewildering, as it ties up all the ends of strands that have been running right through the series.

I thought my glasses were not working properly because everything was so dark. If I looked over the top of the glasses the screen was showing pictures considerably brighter than what I was seeing. Never again with the 3D glasses!

Harry Potter Ends

Post 15

Baron Grim

OK, I'll tell you how it ends. It turns out everything that happened, the wizards, dragons, quidditch, Snape... everything were just the imaginings of a young boy's mind as he starved to death under the stairs of an abusive family in a quiet little suburban neighborhood.

OH, you said "DON'T" tell you. smiley - sorry

Harry Potter Ends

Post 16

Baron Grim

BTW... running through my head on endless loop this morning is "SNAPE, Snape, SEVerIS SnapeDUMBLEDORE! SNAPE, Snape, SEVerIS SnapeDUMBLEDORE! SNAPE, Snape, SEVerIS SnapeDUMBLEDORE!" smiley - laugh

Harry Potter Ends

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

I think we've all had that for the last week or so...

Ron... Ron... Ron... Weasley!

TC - we wanted to see it in English and could only get 2D (yaayyy - but the 3D glasses were round Harry Potter stylee specs which I thought was pretty smiley - cool)

although 3D technology is getting better (we have a load of 3D tvs in our showroom showing Pirates and Dispicable Me in 3D which are pretty good, not as dark as the cinema) I still can't imagine buying one though

Key: Complain about this post