A Conversation for The h2g2 Olympic Games

Sitting and Doing Absolutely Nothing

Post 1

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

*The event is as follows:

The competitors are required to sit in a reclining chair and do absolutely nothing. The aim is to remain in this position for the longest amount of time without getting up OR falling asleep. Points are also awarded for technique and artistic impression. Beer and a television remote control are placed out of the contestants reach, they may use any of the other items placed nearby in order to acquire these items and use them.*

Commentator: Competing for the Church of Weekendism is Big 'Evil' Dan. Let's watch:

*Dan has placed himself in a totally limp position. His eyes are closing--*

Commentator: Closing? He can't go to sleep! Could the favoured competitor really be giving up so easily?

*--and then pop back open. BED retains a totally blank expression. It appears he's entered "The Zone", a totally Zen-like state of laziness.*

Post 2

Lord High Wombat of Glee

*the wombat shambles up to the cosy looking chair and flops into it. He does absolutely nothing.*

Post 3

Technoyokel (muse of poetry)

I'm not sure if this commentator can stand the excitement - we now have two competitors doing absolutely nothing...who is the laziest? Can BED outlast the Lord High Wombat? Can we be bothered to wait and see? Keep in touch with this channel for the latest thrills in the sitting and doing absolutely nothing olympic event.

Post 4

The Corrupt One (MIA)

*Corrupt, representing the Sinister Thinkers Unleashing Multifarious Pernicious Evil Deeds (STUMPED), walks in, flops on a chair, and stares intently at the ceiling.*

Post 5

Lord High Wombat of Glee

Thinks I'm hungry...
Thinks my bladder hurts....
Thinks maybe I should call for a time out... but from doing absolutely nothing?

Post 6

Technoyokel (muse of poetry)

Oooo ...thinking.. is that classed as doing something?

Will the wombat stick it out? Is BED dead? Does dying disqualify you? I think we should be told.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more