A Conversation for 666

Post 1

Researcher 140051

I heard that it actually came from some beliefe that numbers have meanings and that repeating the same number makes the meaning stronger. 6 was a bad number or meant evil or something. So repeating it three times meant it was the worst thing.

As you can see, I'm not very smart and that makes it easy for you to make fun of me. So go ahead! I'm used to it. smiley - smiley

Post 2

Satan - Lord of the Underworld

Well yes that's correct actually, in Hebrew repeating something three times emphasises it strongly. In Revelation (the last book of the Bible) Heaven is described; and in one place it talks about some creatures who worship God by saying 'Holy, holy, holy' and something else, I can't remember. But by saying Holy three times they emphasise it.
One theory is that as well as 3, 7 is a perfect/holy number (7 days in God's creation, for example). 6 is one less than 7, therefore imperfect. And 666 emphasises it by repeating it three times.

There's lots of other theories; I managed to find a simple process to convert the name 'Bill Gates' to '666', for example smiley - winkeye

Bwahahahaaa!!

Post 3

Researcher 140051

I didn't think Satan whould be so nice like that.

Post 4

Satan - Lord of the Underworld

999 is the number of the Australian Devil.

Or, alternatively, the number of the British Devil from an Australian perspective.

Post 5

Fire Bat

I had a teacher which the gymatry of her name was 666... she was realy a satan. speaking of doing stuff tree times- look at the tree dots at the end of this sentence...

"Bwahahahaaa!!"

Post 6

Fire Bat

p.s.- sorry for forgetung the "H"s

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more