A Conversation for Domestic Rubber Gloves

Gardening gloves

Post 1

Wand'rin star

I don't think you should use "household gloves" for gardening - even potting plants. Run your fingernails down a bar of soap, so that you have soap under the nails. Get your hands into the soil - they work much better than trowels and forks and other soppy and expensive bits of steel. Wash your hands in hot water and the soap and dirt will float out together. Now do a proper maincure and rub in some cream (two very different and equally delicious sensory experiences there)
Gardening gloves are lovely thick cotton affairs that keep the pricks out. smiley - smiley

Gardening gloves

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

I have to admit here that I do next to no gardening. And my pot plants just get repotted when the cat knocks them over. But I like the tip, I'm probably going to seriously think about getting round to doing that sometime smiley - smiley
Of course, you know the best way to get dirt from under the nails (and get lovely white nail-tips into the bargain) is to make pastry......

Gardening gloves

Post 3

dy2000

Although I see that this was posted many many years ago I thought I would still reply.

I must disagree with the comments about not wearing household gloves for re-potting plants and gardening, the last thing I want to do is put soap down my fingernails as this will not stop my hands comming into contact wiith the wet soil, also who knows what else is mixed in with the soil down the garden i.e. we have a lot of cats around here .......

Think I will stick with rubber gloves thanks !

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more