A Conversation for Mock-Goths

Mosha's

Post 1

DdC

Hey, this makes so much sense to me. We have a name for Mock-Goths around here, that being 'Mosha'. It's a state of real shame for any self respecting Goth to be called this, while MG's will put on an extra glum face and grunt. In my school the majority of the school seems to think of itself as goth, when they seem to be Mosha's. At least to me they do. Ever noticed how Mosha's always seem to go for the absolutely trashy 'goth' music and stick with it? It's nuts.
My all time enemy has recently become a Mosha and it makes me sick to my core to think of her claiming to be goth. It's a matter of deepest shame that I used to be like that, but thankfully I belive I've grown up and into the real thing (dispite my obsession with vampires, but even some townies have this I've found).
DdC smiley - vampire

Mosha's

Post 2

ally;-)

really,townies.get a life.U`ve got ur Fila,U`ve got ur nike,U`ve got ur getting pregnant at twelve.Those r ur stations in life;revel in it.just leave all the goths,moshas,grungers ect to have the fabulously fun life they would have if they didnt have to listen to "Im alternative,i listen to eminem!" all day.

Mosha's

Post 3

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

Some vampires are good. (Sonja Blue, for example.) Those who are ignorant of their history are not- sadly, MockGoths are those who would fight to the death to prove that the original vampire was a seductive Byronic catch, rather than a plague-ridden shrouded automaton. (Worse than a zombie even.)
Townies... urgh, I still get nervous when I have to go past a group of 'em- but MockGoths are merely townies in monotone. Both cannot see beyond their own narrow sphere of influence- whether it be Fila or Marilyn Manson - and both stare equally when I go past them. (Even when I am in my most unextraordinary non dressed-up day clothes.) So Townies should leave the others alone, but all of them should recognise true individuality, and leave that alone.

Mosha's

Post 4

Saturnine

*ahem*

*wipes her nose on her sleeve and points to the huge array of Manson influenced things in her bedroom*

That make me a Mock-Goth then?

*panics*

I think Manson gets a hard time personally...it's such a cliche to damn him as obselete.

Mosha's

Post 5

Nah, you have thought processes.
The problem not being Manson per se but his hordes of little wizards. Kiddies who think he's deadly serious and start cutting themselves...
I don't think he's a bad influence or evil or incites anyone to kill themselves. (I personally do not care for his tunes) wouldn't want to be in his boots for all the hassle he gets. Must be incredibly tiresome. (Like when the American Family Association or similar tried to 'bind' his band's instruments.)
however... I read a quote of his in which he spoke of the Necronomicon as if it were a *real* book... kiddies who are serious about Dork Magic should check their sources thoroughly.
The aforementioned MockGoth friend got into Manson just after she dropped 3T. (That's right... Mr. Jackson's nephews.)
The trouble is these kiddies only like him because they consider him shocking. (Music is an aside with most of em. I couldn't care less for the ideology of most of my groups, unless it's sum't I find really repugnant (though if the tunes were that good...)) Cmon! shocking? what with Ozzy on air at teatime?

Mosha's

Post 6

Saturnine

I do have a gross distaste for my fellow Manson fans...but that doesn't mean to say I think Manson is a complete stageshow. There's a difference between believing every word he says, and reading bewteen the lines of what is real and what is fake. This is where the old Satanism comes in. Just because something is theatre (ie : the Necronomicon) it doesn't render it invalid. The whole thing about the Cult of Cthuthos (sh*t - sp?) is that it doesn't matter whether it is real or not. What matters is what lives inside the mind of the person. It's like the Bible too. It can be real inside someone's head...it might not be a valid text on the exterior, but on the interior, why not? The ability to recognise that however, is what's important. Once I discovered what Satanism was - the combination between the intellectual and the theatre, I understood what Manson was doing a little better. But I started off being in awe of him. I mean, to be fair, you have to start somewhere...

But like you said, I've got thought proceses.

Mosha's

Post 7

Aye. I think the true test would be whether you discover som't like Manson, find him shocking and decide to copy that shockingness exactly, or... well, or not.

Mosha's

Post 8

Saturnine

My first glimpse of Manson was a clip of his performance of "The Beautiful People" during one MTV Video awards. I was like smiley - wowsmiley - wowsmiley - wow What IS THAT??????????? *Shocking* didn't ever come into it. My friends older sister was into him too...and I idolised her. So that helped.

But I can't stand his stageshow. It's alright to watch on Tv. But I feel so unstimulated when I'm in the crowd. I just want to be up on stage & idolised. Not one of the monkeys on the floor. I've always been the one to stand out, not the one to follow. However, I have yet to master the talent of "consistency" in order to gain the lead. I'm working on it though... smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post