A Conversation for The Bill Gates Must Die! Society

Welcome to the club!

Post 1

The Corrupt One (MIA)

You know, I was proved how right I was to make this club by the very act of making it. The computer I was working on was too slow as it was, and Internet Exploder was being an utter jerk about letting me put this in the Guide. Then, it put it in the Guide twice!!! Well, anyway, at least it's here, so join up already, ok? smiley - smiley

Welcome to the club!

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Wow.. this place is looking quite respectable... your HTML skills are impressive, young Jedi... smiley - winkeye

I will volunteer to help this worthy cause, and I shall vow to assist this endeavor as the Chief of Explosives Procurement.

Welcome to the club!

Post 3

The Corrupt One (MIA)

No sooner said than done, and thank you very much for the compliment. Even though my skills are a bit rustier than I'd like...
Interesting choice of rank. I like it. smiley - winkeye You're MUCH more creative than me.

Welcome to the club!

Post 4

Copious quantities of alcohol will do that for you...

smiley - tongueout

Welcome to the club!

Post 5

I see you've wandered into the Ask H2G2 forum about Gates. Don't be discouraged by the negativity... those people who started that forum were all sympathizers. Anyone who would say that Winbloze is the best operating system around has very little knowledge or experience with computing.

Welcome to the club!

Post 6

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Many thanks, cousin--I couldn't believe exactly HOW negative their response was! I'm staying out of that one from now on. I agree with...well, I don't remember who it was, and it was way at the beginning...but the section IS called "Ask H2G2" not "Rant on H2G2". Those kinds of arguments belong somewhere like my club...a more appropriate place to argue over that, don't you think? smiley - smiley
Speaking of which, do you think I should think about what Siguy said about "toning down my club's name" or do you think I should just ignore that all together?
Either way, I'm starting to get a bit more well known around here, don't you think? smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 7

Your club, your choice. After all, the first name for the FFFF was the Antichrist's Support Network. smiley - winkeye It depends mostly on what sort of people you want to attract... if you want vehement people, stay with the vehement name.

You still have a long way to go to manage my level of infamy, but you're on your way... smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 8

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Well, as far as your club goes, I think there would have been mutinies against you if you hadn't changed the name! smiley - winkeye But as for mine, I plan on staying away from those violent Microsoft supporters, so I guess I'll stick with the original name.

So, you think I might actually become as infamous as you? Well, one can only dream...

Welcome to the club!

Post 9

It wouldn't have inspired mutinies, but it would have failed to become the sort of thing I wanted it to become. It would have been a bunch of disgruntled reformed xtians bitching... and while we still do a bit of bitching, it's the open-minded discussion things we do that I really wanted to be a part of.

You managed to offend somebody within your first dozen posts... I believe you're a natural for infamy! smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 10

The Corrupt One (MIA)

The FFFF has always had some appeal to me, though I'm currently in such a state of religious confusion that I don't want to really bond to any one religion yet. And I see your point--open-minded discussions are much better than anything else as far as your club goes.
As far as mine goes, I need to keep those people away from me...I've never run into MS supporters before, and wow, they love to fight! Not just argue, they FIGHT in there! smiley - winkeye In fact, you're one of the few calm ones in there. (all right, RELATIVELY calm)

A natural to infamy, eh? Hmmm...then I'd better keep Mom away from these forums. She still doesn't know about the name, and I should probably keep it that way, don't you think?

Oh, and I'm finally making headway in that infernal game! Wish the barman wanted PARROT puree, though...smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 11

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I have had a grudge against Bill Gates since before the days of Windows... Back in the late 1970s, he personally wrote a little ditty called "Microsoft BASIC", a language which was licenced and supplied with almost every brand of computer available from the late 1970 to mid-1980s. Sound familiar?

Anyway, this purported to be an implementation of Kemeny and Kurtz's BASIC language. But, Bill couldn't figure out one of the commands, so he just didn't bother to put it in... The "MAT" command, for matrix manipulation, was the core of all 3D programming in BASIC, and by depriving a whole generation of programmers of it, Bill personally set the cause of 3D graphics back by ten years. smiley - sadface

Welcome to the club!

Post 12

The Corrupt One (MIA)

I feel your pain...didn't know he was responsible for that kind of thing BEFORE Winbloze. Too bad people weren't able to squish him then, while we had the chance...
Since I love the high-tech computer graphics of today, it really sucks that we could have had them years ago if it wasn't for this dweeb. smiley - sadface
Anyway, are you interested in joining the club? You sound like the perfect member to me--but if you don't want to, that's OK too.

Welcome to the club!

Post 13

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'd be more interested if it was the "Bill Gates must Pay!" society - death's too good for him! smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 14

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Well said, Peet, well said.

And you know, that might be a good title for the club--if too many people try to stone me over the current one. smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 15

Satan - Lord of the Underworld

(Firey entrance)

What is this? Bill Gates must die? But he is my greatest creation! Windows is a critical element in my plan for universal domination and the fall of heaven! Of course Bill Gates will die, but only when he has fulfilled his purpose. Mind you, he's done a pretty good job so far.

And I give my personal assurance that he will burn in hell.

(vanishes in a puff of smoke, leaving a disgusting smell of brimstone in his wake)

Welcome to the club!

Post 16

Queen Mandi (formerly Psycho Girl)

Hey, sign me up! I want to be the Head of the Psychotic Plots and Schemes Department. My computer's being smart enough to be stupid right now for that added motivation. Great idea, Corrupt One!

Welcome to the club!

Post 17

The Corrupt One (MIA)

No sooner said than done...in a manner of speaking, that is. smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the club!

Post 18

Phoenix W. Devine

What a great cause to support!
Sign me up. I want to be the head of the anti-brainwashing and anti-indoctrination division. It's where I have most of my experience...
But wherever my talents are needed to bring down Gates, I shall serve there.

Welcome to the club!

Post 19

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Now that my computer's stopped crashing (I think it detects this club and tries to prevent me from editing it! smiley - winkeye ) I can add you to the roster and thank you for joining our cause!

Just a quote from a site I recently found..."Have you come to the conclusion that Microsoft is an evil branch of Sirus Cybernetics Corporation?"

smiley - smiley

Welcome to the club!

Post 20

Queen Mandi (formerly Psycho Girl)

Atleast your computer is getting wiser, Corrupt. Mine is still being the damn idiot it is and being too damn slow.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more