A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Sub-editor

kms14 (U15002173) requesting to be a sub-editor of Guide entries

Post 1

kms14

Hello!

My name is Kaitlin, and I would love to be a sub-editor for the Guide. I just joined today, but I am a college English for new Media major with an absolute love of the written, typed, spoken, or any variation of word, and I would be honored to help contribute to the Guide.

Besides just being a nerdy girl who loves Douglas Adams and his work with all of her heart, I also have a lot of background knowledge that would qualify me for this volunteer position. As I said, I am an English for New Media major, which combines the traditional English major with an infusion of technology and design courses. I also wrote online articles for Odyssey Online, and I was an English tutor for almost two years. I am a very upstanding student, and would love to help contribute to the Guide. I look forward to hearing from you.

-K smiley - biggrin

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Hello Kaitlin - welcome to h2g2!

Excellent to hear you have skills that you would like to share with the Guide smiley - ok

It will be a great help to us for starters if you have a look in Peer Review http://h2g2.com/peer_review and make comments about Entries in there. You'd be welcome to write your own Entries too, to get a feel for the House Style.

See you around! smiley - biggrin

Sasha

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more