A Conversation for Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA

Peer Review: A9103736 - Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA

Post 1

U168592

Entry: Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA - A9103736
Author: MJ - [Do you need Worry Dolls under your pillow?] - U168592

A Flea Market Rescue, Original Entry here: A803738

I think I've included as much as I can, it's more informative than fun though...

See what you reckon smiley - smiley

MJ smiley - ok

A9103736 - Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA

Post 2

U168592

Does anyone actually own any Oshkosh clothing? I'd happily add a little more to the Entry about such things...

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

I have some Oshkosh clothes for the Gruesome Twosome. Good quality, lovely colours, fairly simple designs, easily washable. Hardwaring too - the skirt that #2 was wearing today is a hand-me-down from her older sister, and now she's about grown out of it it's going to a cousin because it's too good condition to throw out.

But until I read this I didn't realise the history of the company.

Not too expensive either.

fab entry smiley - ok

Post 4

U168592

smiley - ta Sho, I've a gruesmoe of my own but we've never tried Oshkosh stuff before. I'll add a bit about its hardwearing and colourful designs smiley - smiley

MJ smiley - ok

Post 5

Elentari

The entry mentions a sister city in Nevada but no name for this city. Is it also called Oskosh?

Nice entry. smiley - smiley

Post 6

U168592

Yeah, the link goes to it, but I should clarify shouldn't I. smiley - ta

Post 7

U168592

Sorted smiley - smiley

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

hi MJ

I had heard of Oshkosh, then when I saw some in a shop,I had to have them, because I liked the name! Lovely dungaree-bibbed dresses in bright pink.
smiley - ok

Post 9

echomikeromeo

When I was very little my mother dressed me in Oshkosh overalls - that is, until I discovered party dresses.

Post 10

U168592

I've never worn party dresses, so can't comment. I did wear dungarees for a time, and I recall having patches sewn on the knees by my mother. smiley - smiley Ahh, those were the days...smiley - laugh

Post 11

FordsTowel

Hiya MJ!

I once had a pair of the bib overalls. They had been bought by my father to be used at an annual horse show, but they turned out to be too small for him.

The stripes were a rather vibrant combination of white, orange and brown. I specifically remember the OshKosh B'Gosh brass buttons which were used to attach the shoulder straps (sewn at the back) to the front bib.

smiley - towel

BTW: Experimental Aircract Convention (Aircraft)

Post 12

U168592

oh, thanks for finding that spelling boob Fords smiley - smiley

I think I might put something in about the brass buttons too if I can, cheers!

MJ smiley - smiley

Post 13

FordsTowel

You're very welcome, MJ. My flying friends will certainly appreciate your attentiveness! smiley - ok

smiley - towel

Post 14

U168592

I'm quite jealous actually, I'd love the chance to see the Warbirds in action...nothing like the lean lines of a P-51....smiley - drool

(except of course a B-17 in full flight, or women, women have nice lines too....)

Post 15

FordsTowel

Ah, give me the old P40s. They were fun to fly, if you liked wrestling. They weren't as sleek, but Boy did they seem to move.

The 1,040 hp Allison V1710-3, v-12 liquid cooled engine had a maximum speed of 555 km/h, nowhere near the 761 km/h of the P51; but it sure felt faster.

smiley - towel

Post 16

U168592

ah, the Kittyhawk, much loved by the Aussie pilots camped up in Darwin during the war.

Although I must admit I always get shivers when I hear a Rolls Merlin overhead and see the iconic shape of a Spit roaring through the clouds...what a buzz!

Wow, off topic, but hey...I loves it smiley - laugh

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 17

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 18

Elentari

Wow, that was quite quick! Well done! smiley - smiley

Post 19

U168592

smiley - cheerssmiley - smiley Think TPTB just want me name outta PR smiley - laugh

Post 20

echomikeromeo

smiley - applause

Key: Complain about this post