A Conversation for Horse Chestnut Trees

Peer Review: A608717 - Horse Chestnut Trees

Post 1

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Entry: Horse Chestnut Trees - A608717
Author: Nora has arrived - U181477

Here's another one scouted from the unedited guide smiley - smiley

There has been some pre-PeerReview-Review on this one, at F91797?thread=192656 and at a time when Nora had *arrived* rather than being 'gone' ...

... and that's where the reference to beer gardens in Germany made its way into it smiley - winkeye

A608717 - Horse Chestnut Trees

Post 2

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

smiley - ok

Bels

Post 3

Azara

I think it's a great entry. smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

My only concern is that the author, Nora, seems to have been away for most of the summer. I think she might be disappointed to come back and find that the entry was already out of her hands! She's done a very good job on the entries she Sub-Edited, and I think might like to put the final polish on the entry herself.

So I think it might be better to leave this a few weeks...

smiley - cheers
Azara
smiley - rose

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

This is a nicely polished entry .

Like it - good fine Bossel!smiley - smiley Nora was obviously before my time - is she coming back, Azara?

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 5

Azara

As far as I remember, Nora joined last autumn, but your paths may not have crossed at all. She was a Sub-Ed for a while but had to give it up due to exam pressure. She posted a bit after her exams were over, so I expect she'll be back when she goes to college. Like me, she lives in County Wicklow, so I certainly hope she'll be back!

Azara
smiley - rose

Post 6

Ok then smiley - smiley

Shall I remove this thread or simply let it sink to the bottom?

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Why not wait and see what happens. You can always post to her space when the new term begins in a week or so.smiley - smiley

Post 8

Ormondroyd

smiley - doh Curses - I was all set to recommend this entry before reading the above!

The only possible quibble I have over the entry is that I had to smiley - run off to Dictionary.com to look up the words 'apical' ('Of, relating to or constituting an apex') and 'palmate' ('Having a shape similar to that of a hand with the fingers extended'). But that may simply prove that I'm ignorant, and hopefully Nora can decide whether any footnotes are needed to explain such terminology when she returns.

Post 9

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Nora? smiley - whistle Are you back yet?

Post 10

Spiff

Hi all, smiley - smiley

This is a nice entry on a favourite tree of mine. I'm sure it will end up in the EG at some stage. Now I guess we're all just waiting for Nora. Becket anyone? smiley - biggrin

As it happens I was discussing the merits of conker trees with a friend here in Strasbourg this very evening. Many of the streets of Strasbourg town centre, and particularly it's 'ring' canal waterways are literally lined with them. They come out a treat in Spring, are resplendent bright green giants in Summer and litter the paths with golden brown leaves and shiny conkers in Autumn. I just love 'em! smiley - ok

So, what are we doing?
*pause*
Waiting for Nora?
*pause*
Oh.
*pause*

Are you allowed to adjectify Becket in Orwellian fashion, or is that just *too* *too* pretentious? smiley - smiley

cy'all
spiff

Post 11

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Yes, Spiff, I agree.

No, not necessarily too pretentious. Azara says she'll be back, it's just a question of when. It could have been a pick for me too, but alas, it's not to be.

Post 12

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Yes, Spiff, I agree.

No, not necessarily too pretentious. Azara says she'll be back, it's just a question of when. It could have been a pick for me too, but alas, it's not to be.

Post 13

HappyDude

I would of picked it aswell smiley - erm

Post 14

Whisky

Can I join the queue of scouts waiting to pick this one? smiley - huh

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 15

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 16

Orcus

Sorry guys, couldn't wait me smiley - smiley

Get 'em while they're hot I say!

smiley - biggrin

Post 17

Ormondroyd

He stoops to conker... smiley - winkeye

Post 18

Orcus

smiley - groan

Post 19

Ormondroyd

Sorry, couldn't resist it. smiley - biggrin I am glad to see this finally make it into the Edited Guide, so well done! smiley - ok

Post 20

Hee hee smiley - smiley

I'm quite sure that Nora won't be too embarrassed.

Time for me to put some more into PR smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post