This is the Message Centre for HVS

Let's end the charade

Post 1

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

Hi,

Looks like it's been kind of dead around here lately. That's kind of discouraging, but I guess everything has to go through slow phases. I'm pretty sure at least SOME of our 100+ members must still be active!

Anyway, I'm here to request something that I should of done long ago: Remove my name as a co-administrator of the HVS and list me as a rank and file member instead. I have been almost completely absent for the past two years at least--not just from here but from h2g2 in general. If it wasn't for brave souls like Pegasus and fords prefect, the HVS may well have collapsed long ago (although I suppose I would have made a little more effort to stick around if there was no-one else to take over). So I feel kind of embarassed every time I visit the site and see my name up there when I'm not doing jack squat to run the Society.

I wish I had time to come here more often, but I had better face up to the fact that I have different priorities now and I will probably never have enough time to become a regular again. I feel bad about this because I have met so many really great people here, but I guess that's just the way things go. I will still come around every now and then like I've been doing for years. Unless the HVS becomes totally inactive with no hope of revival, I'll always come back. But I don't feel entitled to be listed as co-chairperson any more.

Fords, you deserve all the credit. Thanks so much for everything you've been doing. If you ever can't do this any more just email me at [email protected] and I'll take care of things as best I can until I can find a replacement.

In meatlessness,

Wolfman

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more