This is the Message Centre for HVS

In PR: Medicinal Properties of a Good Curry

Post 1

Arpeggio - Keeper, Muse, Against Sequiturs, à propos of nothing in particular

Sorry, I don't have the URL or the name of the researcher of the top of my head. The article is a good one, or certainly a very good start.

I was able to give the researcher a number of bits of information, suggestions, and advice that he, as a nonveg Occidental person, did not have at his fingertips.

Perhaps you lot might have some suggestions for him too? As I said, the paper's in PR. At the moment, it's more like half the paper it can be. We're the ones who know this stuff, so let's go!

*My* family's curry does *not* involve cinnamon...

Arpeggio, once long ago a small brownish Indian baby person

Post 2

HVS

Hi. Thanks for the info. Maybe it's because I've been to busy to explore h2g2 beyond my usual haunts for quite a long time, or maybe it's just because I'm a daft American, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's "in PR". PR as in press release? Is there a press release section of the Guide, or are you talking about something else. If you find the URL let us know. Thanks again!

-Wolfman

Post 3

Sorry, I'm new, and assumed...

PR, Peer Review. Though actually I think I saw it was recommended as of today.

Daft American? Surely there is no such thing? smiley - biggrin

I've lived in the States virtually all my life. Or, I've virtually lived in the States all my life. Or, I've lived virtually in the States all my life. Probably, I've lived in the States all my virtual life.

Arpeggio... don't try to outdaft me, you silly Yank!

Post 4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/A570566

I think he's still got a bit of time for editing, so go check it out. It's good stuff.

Arpeggio, who loves curry... MMMsmiley - smiley

Post 5

HVS

Yum!smiley - biggrin

*Pegasus, who loves curry too!*smiley - winkeye

~A~

Post 6

HVS

I do know about Peer Review, but it is a new system, and since I haven't written any articles for ages, I didn't think of that when you said PR. I'm an idiot anyway though: I meant to say public relations, not "press release". Oh well, no matter. Pass the curry, please. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more