A Conversation for Snow Crash

Concerning Diamond Age

Post 1

Hiro Protagonist

While not as good as Snow Crash, I think Diamond Age was even better than Zodiac.

Zodiac, in my opinion, is one the only book that doesn't really 'fit' in the complete series of books Stephenson has been writing. A good book, a good story, but while Snow Crash was a unique reflection about what the net is becoming and going to be in the near and distant future, and while Diamond Age was a really shocking and frightening reflection on what Nanotechnology is going to able to do in the distant future, Zodiac doesn't really reflect to anything. It just has a good story.

Anyway, if you're interested in Nano-Tech then you really have to read Diamond Age !

And while you're at it : read Cryptonomicon too if you're into hacking and crypto.

Greetz,
Hiro

Concerning Diamond Age

Post 2

MagicManZach

Whoops... I just saw this message. Either way, I wholeheartedly agree that Zodiac doesn't fit into his style. I still love it. Also, Diamond Age's concepts are great -- I just can't stand to read it. The ideas behind his nanotech are great.

And I still can't get a copy of Cryptonomicon! It's driving me nuts.

-- Zach

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more