A Conversation for Snow Crash

Cryptonomicon

Post 1

Uncle Monty (nothing much going on here then)

You didn't say much about this book, quite honestly the best book I have ever read..


Cryptonomicon

Post 2

MagicManZach

At the time, I hadn't read it. I finished it about a month ago and was duly impressed... the follow up article will be coming soon, I swear.


Cryptonomicon

Post 3

Henry

Cryptonomicon kept me rivetted from page one through to the end. It is certainly the best book he's written to date. Hey! It had a proper ending as well. Normally he just gets all the guys he's mentioned through-out the book into the same locale and leaves you to it (Except for Zodiac. But the less said about that the better). Rumour has it a sequel is in the pipeline.


Cryptonomicon

Post 4

MagicManZach

Eh, the ending for Cryptonomicon kinda left me feeling empty.

And I think I now understand that I am the _only_ person on Earth who thoroughly enjoyed Zodiac.


Cryptonomicon

Post 5

Uncle Monty (nothing much going on here then)

Likewise. The sequel is called "Quicksilver" I believe; and I think it's going to be set in the 1600's???


Cryptonomicon

Post 6

Henry

Quicksilver - 1600's?
That'd be back to the briefly covered alchemy theme then. Any release date yet?


Cryptonomicon

Post 7

Uncle Monty (nothing much going on here then)

Hardcover - March 2002. Paperback March 2003.

Seems a long way off, doesn't it?


Cryptonomicon

Post 8

Henry

Way too long.


Cryptonomicon

Post 9

Ethics Gradient

I thought it was set a little earlier - C.15th


Cryptonomicon

Post 10

The Professor

It's part of his upcoming Baroque cycle, and you can read the beginning in some of the newer copies of cryptonomicon

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more