A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Bug Reports

BIG PROBLEM!!!

Post 1

Bilge

Hers a great big ugly bug....the house rules!

I have to say after seeing the new bbc additions to the website i am dismayed and appalled to find a huge bbc logo where the h2g2 one was, to find i needed more logins and passwords, to find "house rules", it was so much better before any of this bbc c**p.
Also, "any other languages apart from English may be removed"? But the stupid house rules demand tolerance to other cultures, we can't type anything intolerant about them (not that i'd want to mind you) but you won't even let them write in their own bloody language!
Secondly, why can't we swear? Its the English language, we should have freedom of speech, if some little kiddy is gonna be offended there should be a filter you can toggle on and off as to whether you can see swearing!Again, freedom of speech; if want to have an outburst of opinion and emotion why can't i? If i would do it in a spoken conversation why can't i do it in a written one?!
Lastly, the bit about spamming? Hopefully you'll make an exception for someone (i don't know him/her) who has a quest to send the same message "BINK" or something of the sort to every member of h2g2. I thought that was quite good and hope you'll leave him in peace.....
Bilge

P.S Why can't we have whatever user name we want? Thats extremely unfair, restricting our personalities, opinions, and choices like that.

BIG PROBLEM!!!

Post 2

h2g2Support

Probably best to post this to the House Rules themselves. it probably won't be spotted here, and a lot of your points have already been discussed there at considerable length...

Hope this helps.

Mark

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more