A Conversation for Editorial Feedback

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 1

anhaga

Might it be possible to add a short sentence to the final paragraph of the Tim Hortons entry (A241930)? If so, here's the sentence:

On February 24, 2006, while making a list of the essential needs of Canada's Armed Forces, General Rick Hillier, Canada's Chief of Defence Staff made a request to the CEO of Tim Hortons for a franchise to be located at the Canadian Forces base in Khandahar, Afghanistan.

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

I'm on it; adding links too - let you know when done smiley - ok

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 3

anhaga

Goodness. That was quick. There's a story about it on the CBC News Webpage: http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/02/24/hillier060224.html

Apparently Timmy's has released a statement about it, but I've not found that yet.

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

Done - thank you for that smiley - cheers

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 5

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

I heard about this a coupl;e of weeks ago... I had heard that Timmy's turned them down. Judging from the date of your article, there seems to be at least a "consideration" of the proposal.

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 6

anhaga

The fact that the request was made points out the importance the bloody place has in our society, whether or not they actually open a shop in Khandahar.

I wouldn't think it would be too hard for the company: captive customers, no competition. Of course, they'd have to let the donuts be baked in the shop again.smiley - smiley

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 7

anhaga

And thank you, Skankyrich.smiley - cheers

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 8

Skankyrich [?]

No probs smiley - smiley

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 9

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Greetings all. I bid you all good health and fun from one of Canada's highest-altitude cities, Rossland.

http://www.rossland.com/

Where I am working at this:

http://www.bcgames.org/host_cities_winter_games.html

That includes disabled atheletes who will go straight from here to Turin.

Hey, anybody hear about the Shroud jumping competition? Did we place? smiley - smiley

Anyway, I'm in my wee room at this:

http://www.prestigeinn.com/

Using my brand new wireless card to access the hotels' system.

And....the connection is that everyone here is swamping the Timmy's waaaay across town for 'bits and double doubles. Now I must say that the one I had for the first time in years this morning was welcome and delicious, can't they get a better tea than Red Rose for the alternative!! smiley - grr

smiley - cheers

(The caesars here have *jumbo* shrimp, pickled beans and celery!!)

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 10

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

I can testify that the wireless card works just fine!

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 11

anhaga

'Using my brand new wireless card to access the hotels' system.'

Thanks for giving us all your bankcard number.

smiley - winkeye

(I'm teasing. I'm sure the security of your system and of the hotel's system is all up to snuff.)

(I expect.smiley - erm)

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 12

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Back from the corporate B***J** dinner, and _yes_ my system is up to par to block transfers of sensitive data. It has the _built in_ firewall Apple provides plus the one provided by the router and an additional one courtesy of MacAnalysis. Plus a gaggle of virus protection as well. Remember that only recently has a Mac virus succesfully permiated the Apple world and it was merely a joke version.

(Is my system bias showing?) smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers all and a hearty good night from a crisp, clear night that has no light pollution to mask the stars in all their glory.

smiley - biggrin

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 13

CaptainLovejuice

Erm, terribly sorry if I'm in the wrong place to do this, but I thought it'd be prudent to mention that, as of June 29th of this year, the Tim Hortons in Afghanistan is officially open for business and is receiving pretty good business. Might be a good idea to update the article to reflect this.

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 14

anhaga

This is almost exactly the right place to point that out, CaptLoveJuice.smiley - smiley

There's a good possiblility, however, that the people able to make such a change will not notice a post to this old thread. Also, they usually want this sort of update to include a passge that they can simply cut and paste into the entry. In any case, not much would happen until tommorrow at the earliest.

What I'll do is wander over and start a new thread in Editorial Feedback with a brief update included. (I should have done this already, but the summer heat has addled my brain.smiley - biggrin)

I'll mention that this is your contribution, and, who knows, maybe you'll get your name on the entry.smiley - cheers

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 15

anhaga

There, the new thread is here: F47997?thread=3216670&post=37316175#p37316175

Tim Hortons - A241930

Post 16

anhaga

Goodness! It only took half an hour!

And congratulations on your new Edited Entry.smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post