This is the Message Centre for vegiman:-)

Have you Been Here 6

Post 1

vegiman:-)

Long over dew this forum replaces the previous one because once again it became too long.
Hi and welcome to the forum of compostmania.

Newbies - please feel free to copy anything from my page you find interesting.

Who will be first to say Hi

Have you Been Here 6

Post 2

Anonymouse

Will a *wave* do? smiley - winkeye

Have you Been Here 6

Post 3

Yeh - waht do you think of the new look page.
vegsmiley - smiley

Have you Been Here 6

Post 4

MadMunk?¿

Hmm.........
I really need to get out of the habit of being late...... smiley - winkeye

HI vegiman:-)

Post 5

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

Hi vegimansmiley - smiley

How did you do all those funny graphic things in your 'home'-page right here?

Have you Been Here 6

Post 6

Hey MM

Nice to hear from you - you only missed it by one. Not seen you on line much lately - perhaps we have been on line at different times.

How do you like StevenR's new vertual ID card (on my home page) to put on your own web site. I may need your assistance like the old days soon (not so long ago) - interested ???

catcha vegimansmiley - smiley

Have you Been Here 6

Post 7

MadMunk?¿

Well, to tell ya the truth vegimsmiley - smileyn, i havn't been online a lot lately.... smiley - sadface Something to do with this phonebill thingy BT keeps sending me..... cruel people they are.....
I've seen the ID card, and i was impressed, even moreso with the HTML generator he made. I'll put one on my site as soon as i get time.... which for this week at least, i'm not in plentiful supply of...smiley - sadface (oh the stresses of being popular IRL *swishes hair back behind ear* smiley - winkeye I must go and attend to my fans.... *dream on MadMunk*)
Anyway... where was i? Oh yes.... what sort of assistance are you after? Of course, i'd be more than glad to help out a friend smiley - smiley

Post 8

Hi MadMunk

Email me at
[email protected]

Festival
Sorry for the delay in answering you.
To put piccies on your page first you need to know where there are picture files on the net. Any picture on the net can be copied onto your page if you know where to look. If you have your own website you can post pictures to it and then you can use them here.

If not - If you have a scanner you can or you have some pics on your computer. you can ask anyone who does have a website to post the pics for you - I have a bit of space if you want to use it.

then you use HTML code to put it on your page - its simple code so don't be afraid of it:

Try this one - Copy it to your page

That one puts the rotating smiley on your page - most people associate it with me but anyone can use it.

also go to my page again and click on the line
'Put jims link on your page' This lets you see who is on line and makes it easier to contact new people.

Any Probs and if you need help come back to me
vegimansmiley - smiley

Post 9

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

Thanks for your explanation about it all, Vegi smiley - winkeye

While waiting for this info, I just came around the "DON'T PANIC" section, which explained in more than sufficient detail (more than sufficient for anyone who's familiar with HTML, that is) how to go about it.
You'll find that I've put some of it to practical use already smiley - winkeye

Post 10

oh, I forgot to mention... I wouldn't have looked for it in this discussion, since I never posted my question here in the first place.
'twas a good thing that you directed me here with your message on my own page smiley - winkeye

Post 11

You are welcome Festival

I have also posted a review at the bottom of you page 'Playing God' - this will not come up on your hoem page untill you answer it - so look there at the bottom of the page.
vegsmiley - smiley

Post 12

Will do, thanks for the tip about checking the article itself...
I wouldn't have noticed that one otherwise smiley - winkeye

Post 13

an apple tree

Hi vegimansmiley - smiley wow. the accessability of it all. i was not thinking about posting anything here, as i get awfully tired of pressing all those buttons and the like, when all of a sudden i find myself with a blank page and a blinking cursor, well HURRAH for modern technology, i say, makes saying "Hi vegimansmiley - smiley" so very much easier

Post 14

Hi an apple tree
Thanks for droping in - please feel free pinching anything you like off my page - If you want a text editor though you need to make a forum on your page - once it has been made click on the left box the name of the forum with the right mouse button - choose the option copy shortcut and paste it here and I will see what I can do for you - I am busy at this time so you may have to be a little patient.
HappyPostings vegimansmiley - smiley

Post 15

Pastey

D'you ever read your email?
smiley - fish

Post 16

Yeh - Got it - Have you read yours??????
on h2g2 SubEds link
vegimansmiley - smiley

Post 17

Post Team

Hi everybody - soon we shall be starting an h2g2 Newspaper and we are asking for reporters - If you see something interesting happening on h2g2 then we want to know about it.

Want to advertise something you are doing then we want to know about it.

Want an article Reviewed or Proof read - we want to help

In fact anything h2g2 wise we would like you to be our reporter.

interested - answer the posting on my home page
vegimansmiley - smileyP.R.

Post 18

Anonymouse

Is this yet a third? (identity)

There are lots of things going on...

We have TVF's newsletter
There's a chocolate church
We've got a jam session going on
Lyrics games (Name that tune, etc)
Limrick games
Cheddar George
(Well, just lots of games)

We've got parties all -over- the place.

There's just -so- many things! smiley - winkeye

Post 19

Hello Vegimansmiley - smiley P.R.

Like to check out the goings-on of the H2G2 Researchers for SETI@home?
View the pages at http://www.h2g2.com/A193231 and http://www.h2g2.com/A195879 . Any publicity you can give us would be much appreciated.

Post 20

Psychosomatic Pseudo`Nymph

How do you do this, this is cool.

smiley - fishsmiley - bigeyessmiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post