A Conversation for Roskilde 2000 - What happened

Air & Style '99

Post 1

mez

Hi OB1,

I was involved in a similar incident in dec99 in Innsbruck, Austria at the Air and Style Snowboard competition.

On the way out of the stadium we were caught in a crowd crush and my girlfriend Sonja died. smiley - sadface She was only 21. 4 other young Austrian girls died that nite.

This sort of this really changes one's outlook on life, its way to short to sit around and watch. U have to get out there and do things. I am personally too scared to go to such a big event again, and I could never go to a concert such as Roskilde, the crowds would be too much for me.

But I won't stop travelling and seeing new things.

Mez...

Air & Style '99

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

My condolences. How very sad.

Air & Style '99

Post 3

OB1 (retired)

Mez,

I am so sorry that have had to experince something like that. I am glad to see you have a great outlook on life. I am not sure I could cope that well.

I hope one day you will be able to face the crowds again.

Have you wrote any articles on your travels yet?

/Shaun (OB1)

Air & Style '99

Post 4

mez

actually all my travels are documented on my website www.o2bfree.com also a bit of a tribute to Sonja (when the stupid server is working) or my old website is members.tripod.com/~j_mez That one still has most of the information.. but not the latest.

I take off again in October. I have been stuck at home in Australia since the accident. I thought I would not be able to travel again. But I can't seem to get on with my life until I get travel out of my system! smiley - smiley

Air & Style '99

Post 5

OB1 (retired)

Wonderful website you have created. You can really get a feel of what Sonja must of been like.

Where does you new website live? I am just wondering because I have purchased a domain name (www.shaun-asa.com) but my site is on Geocities (using domain forwarding).

Also I would like to ask you a favour. I am thinking about setting up website as a memorial to Roskilde and those that lost their lives. I was wondering if you would be able to help with the website design?

/Shaun

website host/design

Post 6

mez

Love to help with design, just let me know. email is [email protected]

The new site is hosted by a friend. He did it as a favour to me cos he knew Sonja. I did a lot of research on where to host though. better to explain via email though me thinks.

website host/design

Post 7

OB1 (retired)

Many thanks for the offer of help. I shall email you as soon as I get something going.

I am going to create something on Geocities first and then I'll email you so you can have a look and give me your thoughts.

/Shaun

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more