A Conversation for Roskilde 2000 - What happened

Thanks

Post 1

The Nitpicker

Thanks for your account of the festival. I was at a festival at Lisdoonvarna (on the west coast of Ireland) 15 years ago when 6 young Irishmen attending the festival were drowned swimming from a place where there were loads of warning signs about the very strong currents. It was really awful. We were staying at a camp site on the coast where the search was being run from. It was weird to watch the vessels going out searching for the bodies. After some thought we decided to stay because it just semed to be wrong to leave. It certainly made us think about our own mortality though!

I stopped going to huge festivals such as Glastonbury because I thought it would get dangerous especially if, like me, you often get seized with a desire to go right down the front and really see the performances and then act on it! I prefer the music at WOMAD anyway.

Thanks again for the article - maybe you could add a full list of the dead, tidy it up and leave it like the Hillsborough site.

The Nitpicker


Thanks

Post 2

OB1 (retired)

You are welcome, I glad in a way to see other's relating simular experinces already. I hoped by putting up this account it would help others in sharing their experinces and maybe some others will be more careful in the future.

As soon as I have any more information I will of course update the article.

Have you written anything here about going to WOMAD? I have not been, but heard it is quite good.

/Shaun


Thanks

Post 3

The Nitpicker

I only got on-line at home a week ago and then registered on h2g2. I have not yet written anything myself (not even got my home page how I want it) and I have a few other things I want to do first but, now you mention it, maybe I will start writing something about WOMAD first. It certainly would be an easier way in than either of the other two things I want to get posted. Keep your eyes peeled and I'll try to get something about WOMAD together soon and yes it really is a great festival.

The Nitpicker


Thanks

Post 4

OB1 (retired)

Look forward to reading about WOMAD.

What are the other two things you want to write about?


Thanks

Post 5

The Nitpicker

I want to make my home page a source of contacts about dyslexia and write a guide entry about the undervaluation of children's literature (I work in a children's library) Keep your eyes peeled.

The Nitpicker


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more