This is the Message Centre for Aurora

Music

Post 1

Aurora

I know there're lots of you out there with great taste in music, so can anyone give me any information on the following bands... Album reviews, which album should I buy first, stuff like that smiley - smiley All comments appreciated.
xx Thanks xx

Mercury Rev
Radiohead
Elbow
Cousteau
Pulp

~~A~~
smiley - starsmiley - planetsmiley - star

Music

Post 2

Hopelessly Paranoid

Hey Aurora

Its encouraging to see a big fat vein of indie is infiltrating your musical taste. Of the bands on your list I'm only really bigly into Radiohead (but, honestly, who isn't). The best I can do is say that their all on my list too smiley - winkeye. I know a really good band (friend of a friend of a sister) who've supported Elbow (called Oceansize, you heard it here first!), but I haven't heard enough of them. As for Radiohead, I think the best I can do is recommend you hear, if not get the albums in the order I heard them, because I think it made me appreciate them a lot more.

OK Computer - nuff said...
Pablo Honey - Angsty and guitary, everything you want to scream about
The Bends - the one everybody loved before OK came out. The 90s in a nutshell.
Airbag/How Am I Driving - a B-sidey album, for when you want to become a muso smiley - winkeye but feel free to skip it otherwise.
Kid A - better than people make it out to be. great headphone music (you can probably get really cheap because it wasn't as popular as everyone wanted it to be).
Amnesiac - Not their best stuff, but its still Radiohead.
I Might Be Wrong - All live, and True Love Waits is possibly one of the greatest love songs ever.

There's a full synopsis, but when it comes down to it, just do what you like smiley - tongueout

Have a kosher christmas and a good sounding new year

[HP}=~~

Music

Post 3

Aurora

Thanks smiley - smiley I bought I Might be Wrong recently and loved True Love Waits and Spinning Plates. OK Computer was a Christmas present, and although I'll admit it didn't sound too amazing on the first listen through, is now one of my favourite albums. smiley - biggrin

Do you know of anywhere to find out about Oceansize? I can't find any songs by them on the place where I usually download music. Thanks again. smiley - smiley

~~A~~
smiley - starsmiley - planet<star.

Music

Post 4

Aurora

smiley - doh That would be

And I spoke too soon... I've found Oceansize's website. smiley - smiley

Music

Post 5

Hopelessly Paranoid

Good good smiley - smiley

Happy new year, by the way.

Very recently borrowed Elbow's Asleep In The Back. Its sounding pretty fab so far. Very mellow, the ideal way to start the new year, in fact smiley - winkeye

[HP}=~~

Music

Post 6

Aurora

Ah, yes, Elbow. I've tried to like them, and Red and Newborn are great, but their album hasn't really grown on me since I first listened to it.

Have you heard anything by Tom McRae? His album is amazing. smiley - smiley

Happy new year to you too. smiley - biggrin

~~A~~

Music

Post 7

Aurora

I played Asleep in the Back a few times today, and I think most of it is growing on me. smiley - smiley Still not too keen on Tailfly, though...

~~A~~

Music

Post 8

TheAngelOfDeath

Try The Cure if you want something different. Download the following:

A Forest
Lullaby
Lovesong
Friday I'm in Love

Or get their greatest hits CD.

Music

Post 9

Aurora

Ooh! Friday I'm in Love I already have and like. smiley - smiley I'll have a listen to the others, cheers.

Strange that since I last posted in this thread I've seen Elbow at Glastonbury, and been in the crowd singing Grace Under Pressure. :D

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Aurora

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more