This is the Message Centre for Sol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Post 1

Sol

Today I realised that my son does not understand vvhy I do not cover all the vvalls in the flat vvith his artvvork, but limit the evidence of his creative expression to the kitchen.

Thing is, I have realised that I also do not understand. I've been meaning to get rid of the bland magnolia colour since vve moved in, but haven't yet.

So there really is very little to stop me from plastering the vvalls vvith brightly coloured svvirls and splodges on a rice paper background, random acts of collage, ineptly stuck bits of paper vaguely resembling the outlines of animals, painted tree trunks covered in tissue paper, various objects rendered in paper plates, pipe cleaners and toilet rolls, and the odd page of colouring in executed vvith considerably enthusiasm and no regard for any actual lines

And this being true, I think I vvill. Particularly as I novv have tvvo little artists churning out the masterpieces.

***This post has been brought to you vvithout the letter 'vv'.***

Post 2

Recumbentman

Yes, I vvas vvondering ... vvas that to project your Russian accent? Or were you doing a French double-vé? In English it should really be uu but that looks uueird.

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

The letter what? I don't see anything wrong with - oh, hang on, the w is looking wider than usual...

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

And of *course you should plaster the walls with the adorable creative efforts of your offsprings - it'll keep them from creating new stuff on thw wall itself...

Post 5

Sol

I quite likt the double vv. I feel all vampiric. If I were more creative, though, I'd have rewritten it to avoid the letter. Sadly, my computer is still being obdurate about it so I have switched laptops for the time being.

Post 6

Vip

Huh, when I read this post on my PC, where I've shrunk the text size a bit so I can see more, I couldn't see the vv vs w thing. When I went back to read the new posts on my iPad, all of a sudden I could see the vvs! Woo! I get the joke!

smiley - fairy

Post 7

Recumbentman

Just a recalcitrant keyboard? How trivial.

Someone once wrote a novel avoiding the letter e. Now there's a challenge.

Post 8

Recumbentman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Void

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sol

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more