This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

NaJoPoMo: Titania 19 Nov 2011

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Omens of Oblivion

Perplexed, Tar-Meena looked at Freya's agony.

'Calm down child, what's the matter?'

'I can't tell you much, except that it's urgent and of the utmost importance - please say you believe me!'

The Argonian looked into Freya's eyes, and then nodded. Explaining that, since the volumes Freya had asked for were so rarely requested, she would need some time to locate them.

'Meet me here at 6 pm tonight, and I'll figure out a way for you to have a look in the books.'

Relieved, Freya left the visitors' hall and headed back to the boarding house to check up on Baurus. However, he was neither at the ground floor, nor in his room. She didn't dare to check in the basement for fear of attracting attention. In the end, she decided to rent a room herself. After having received the key to her room, she asked the inn keeper to knock on her door at 5 pm, and walked upstairs.

After last night's long ride, Freya fell sound asleep the moment she lay her head on the pillow. She slept uneasily though, twisting and turning. She was quite relieved to be woken up by the knock on the door.

'I'm awake, thank you!'

She had dreamt so oddly. She still hadn't recovered her memory, but Freya felt she recognised some of the fragments in her dreams. Hopefully, her memories would return, in full, in the not too far future. Enough with the brooding, now she had to get back to the University.

Upon entering the visitors' hall, she noticed there were several people around, not just Tar-Meena. She quietly stayed in the darkest corner of the hall until the others had left. Tar-Meena ostentatiously placed two books on the bench she was seated on, and turned her head away, sipping a mug of tea.

Holding her breath, Freya quietly approached the bench and quickly leafed through the topmost book, and then carefully laid it aside, and leafted through the other one. Suddenly, she started to see a pattern. )t was all about the illuminated capitals, wasn't it?

Hastily, Freya put together the letters from the book she and Baurus had looted of the Breton who had attacked him, together with those in the two books Tar-Meena had placed beside her.

Something at the very back of her mind told her to check the Anfangs, and she quickly wrote them down on a scrap of paper, closed the books, and discreetly backed away from Tar-Meena and her books.

Once outside, Freya opened the book she had looted from the Breton, and added to her notes. They seemd to spell

Green Emperor
Way Where
Tower Touches

And suddenly, she knew. She knew of this place. She had known all along, but not realised it until now.

Freya hastened towards the grave yard, receiving an angry glare when she walked past two men who went quiet as she passed. Well, a graveyard was the perfect place for shady dealings, after all.

After circling the graveyard, Freya finally found the place she had been looking for, the Tomb of Prince Camarril. She stood before it waiting, and when the mid day sun struck it, she saw it. She saw a map pinpointing the headquarters of the Mythic Dawn.

On her way to the stables, Freya once more checked at the boarding house, but there was still no sign of Baurus. Mounting her horse, she rode off towards the point that had been indicated on the map.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:OB-Camarril2.jpg

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - redwine

Post 3

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - spacesmiley - cool
[-B4-]

smiley - star
(I like the way you've incorporated Germaic language terms in your story; it brings back memories.)
smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more