A Conversation for Neckties

Not dying, thriving

Post 1

The_Poet

No doubt about it, ties are as popular as ever they were, it is just a case of self selection. I mean, the sort of person who posts here is unlikely to be a tie-wearer, oh no. They are more likely to have braided leather bracelets.

Look at any bunch of politicians; tie wearers every one. In fact, see one without a tie and they instantly appear untrustworthy... well more untrustworthy. Even female politicians feel the need to display neckwear for this reason.

Now there are, I admit a growing band of modern e-commerce entrepreneurs who vouchsafe tie-wear. No doubt it gives the impression of laid-back, sneaker wearing, high intellect modern business practice. Except of course when going cap in hand to the local bank for that next million to bale out a top 100 share index but essentially bust chimera of a company. Then, a tie is essential.... how else is the tie wearing risk manager going to believe you? smiley - smiley

Not dying, thriving

Post 2

Percy von Wurzel

I absolutely agree. In a climate where it is positively essential to keep ones shirt collar tightly wrapped around ones neck; sadly we cannot all live in California or the Antipodes; the wearing of a frivolous strip of cloth demonstrates that one should be taken seriously. Except for politicians of course.

Not dying, thriving

Post 3

CIntellect

Quite true. I'm assuming that those who have the biggest gripe over neckties believe they will be internet millionaires. I also stick the lot that say neckties are out and bow ties are in within the same boat. When one sees a more professional looking hiree, with a necktie, and another one, with a bow tie or none at all, who would one choose? A bow tie would elicit a laugh or a snicker. None at all would mainly get a look that says, "Aren't you in the wrong building?" But a full necktie makes one seem more reliable-regardless of whether they'll find out your true worth later. And as for the internet millionaires, I'll say thank you to the bulk of them-as they hand me my order from McDonald's.

Not dying, thriving

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

The title of the yarn is "Is the necktie dying?" Note the ?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more