A Conversation for Songs that Stick in your Head

The cause of it all...

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

..is the clock radio. A seemingly benign idea, an alarm clock that wakes you up with a bit of music...ah nice smiley - smiley But no - it catches you at your most vulnerable and plants the seed of some awful song in your mind from where it cannot be purged. smiley - sadface
And its even worse if you reflexively press "snooze" as then you only have 20 seconds of the song going round and round and round and round and round and round...well, you get the general idea.

(This morning was "Brimful of Asha" for me...aaaargh)

The cause of it all...

Post 2

Toddism

I made the mistake of channel surfing on the way home from work yesterday and got the most stupid song from the most stupid artist in the world stuck in my head so bad it woke me up at 12:30 a.m. and forced me to eat cookies and watch TV until I was so tired I could sleep anyway.

Who was this stupid artist? Eminem. The song? The Real Slim Shady. I listened to the lyrics just to see what he was saying. It turns out that he doesn't have a coherent thought in his pointy little head.

The cause of it all...

Post 3

Eala

I find that changing the channel to MTV between other shows is a really bad way to get songs stuck in your head. Having just recently got pay TV it was a novelty to have such channels as MTV especially since every time I switch channels I seem to be bombarded with "let me see that thong, thong, thong." Is it just me or do you think that song is evil too?
Eala

The cause of it all...

Post 4

Courtney Patron Saint of Social Embarassment

Station surfing is generally a bad idea because as you flip though you here little pieces of song you know you hate, but non the less get stuck. I am well known for not being able to stay on one station for very long because I think a radio should be for music, not some d.j.'s ego trip (Howard Stern). After my drive to work this morning I have two line from some Britney Spears song stuck in my head. smiley - sadface

The cause of it all...

Post 5

J'au-æmne

I just have to see the name of the song in written down. I think my house will be serenaded by Brimful of Asha for the forseeeable future, being the fourth song I've had on my brain today...

...I usually have random Magnificat & Nunc Dimmitis settings that I've been learning in my college choir on the brain- I quit listening to the radio 'cause the popsongs irritate me, but it seems that I am destined to have something singing to me...

The cause of it all...

Post 6

MealTicket

I’ve devised a method of using radio alarms without risk of getting some appalling tune stuck in my head; I leave it tuned into a talk station. This has the added advantage that talk stations are so inane and irritating that I get out of bed rather than pressing snooze half a dozen times!

Another method I’ve discovered (although rarely use) is to set my stereo to play a CD that I have already passed as non-irritating and non-sticky. The disadvantages are twofold:
1. You have to sort out the stereo before going to bed.
2. I invariably let the CD play right through, then go back to sleep!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more