A Conversation for CYCLISTS & WHY I HATE THEM

Cycle racing

Post 1

Crazyace

Cyclists would love to get the roads closed for races but unlike the rest of europe, in this country it is not allowed,
but events are marshelled and the police are informed and involved.Bye the way the tour de france is held on public roads,
as are all the other european tours and classics.
Why is it that a lot of motorists (not all I may add)
wait patiently at traffic lights
and level crossings or drive slowly behind tractors and JCBs
yet are prepared to risk killing
a cyclist before lose a few seconds of time.
Finally how many cyclist do you
see breaking the speed limit,
about as many as motorists not breaking the speed limit.

Cycle racing

Post 2

BenisBored

Because a tractor though doing 15 or 20 miles and hour is also as wide if not wider than a car so passing it is more dangerous, ie you can't see round it and are usually on country roads.

Cyclists are easier to pass, though more often than not the ones I try and pass make it very difficult. I have lost count of the times a cyclist I am trying to pass has deliberately sped up.

And before you start I cycle to work half the week, but I stick to the roads and keep into the side. As a driver I can sypathise with those who hate cyclists.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more