This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Another lonely year...

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I am thinking of joining a marriage bureau {do they still call them that?} After all, I'm approaching my 16th year of being single, and I am finally realizing that "Mr.Right" is not going to show up at my door...
What a cosmic joke I am, I'm the most tactile person I know, and I have to live without all the kissing and hugging that goes along with a physical relationship...
It's getting ~so~ painful now...a constant ache.
I don't want to grow old alone...

Another lonely year...

Post 2

Is mise Duncan

smiley - hug
Didn't you mention that you had a son? As a son, I can assure you that we are full of hugs for our mothers....

Another lonely year...

Post 3

Thanks for the cyber hug Duncan.smiley - blush

Another lonely year...

Post 4

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

smiley - hugsmiley - kiss Better? smiley - smiley

Another lonely year...

Post 5

*wishes they were real*
smiley - hug

Another lonely year...

Post 6

GinTonyx - Keeper and Mixer of the Gin and Tonic, Muse of the Lemon Garden.

I don't know how it is to have been alone for 16 years. I probably can't even imagine. But I guess, what you could do is go to one of those hook-up sites. No, not hookers. I'm sorry, my english is a little sore. I am with one of those things in Germany, it's (URL removed by moderator)
I hear they have international dating too. But dating is the wrong word I guess. It's more about meeting people who are more or less looking for a relationship.
Anyway, it's given me some confidence. You can meet people and chat with them and most of the time they even are from your area. Don't know if you would like to try that, but for me it worked. No I haven't found the *one* girl for me yet, but I think I know who it is.... (See that other thread "I'd like someone in my stocking") And I don't have to tell you not to be disappointed when you meet the guys irl. The irl-dates I've had were not too great. But I am confident, that -with a little precaution- there will be interesting dates, maybe with a sizzeling ending too... You never know....
[]
-Gin

Another lonely year...

Post 7

I should have said I have a problem that I have no babysitter. How do you go on dates when you can't leave the house, or do you take along your hyperactive 7 year old? I get one respite night a month, and trying to fix up a date for that *one* night is almost impossible, believe me, I've tried. Losing heart but as I said, I don't want to grow old alone.

Another lonely year...

Post 8

I'm not really here

smiley - hug
Sweetheart, please don't be glum. You'll meet someone that recognises you for the star and angel you are. Come down here, there are loads of great blokes about, and we could start a babysitting circle for hyperactive little sods. We'd have to get someone else involved though, so that we could go out together. smiley - smiley

Another lonely year...

Post 9

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

If I make it to the next meet up, I promise to exchange any smiley - kiss given here for the real thing- if you want smiley - ok

Bassman smiley - cool

Another lonely year...

Post 10

Awwwwww....
You're both on!
~rushes around packing bags~

Another lonely year...

Post 11

coelacanth

I could only make the meet up because it was my one night a month off from Sunshine and Moonlight, so I can appreciate what you are saying GB. May 2001 bring you everything you hope for.
smiley - fish

Another lonely year...

Post 12

Thanks, Coely!smiley - hug
You too!smiley - biggrin

Another lonely year...

Post 13

coelacanth

I forgot the smiley - bubbly
Cheers GB. Don't forget, we both got to kiss Mark Moxon this year. smiley - smiley
smiley - fish

Another lonely year...

Post 14

As if I could ~ever~ forget that!smiley - biggrin

Another lonely year...

Post 15

Queen Nothing

first of all *huge hugz* - don't be sad!!

relationships are a hassle!!

okay, so being only 16, i'm probably not the best person to advise you. but boyfriends need effort. i've only been with mine for a little while, but i hate the 'waking up next to him, hungover with no makeup and i look terrible' feeling!!

being single is much more fun (maybe i shouldn't tell the boyfriend this)... and you have a kid to love, and that sort of love is irreplacable.

Another lonely year...

Post 16

Thanks for that...
but I am 45, and feeling very old.
And I am pst caring how I look in a morning, or how my partner would look.
Your values change as you age.
The words "hungover" and "waking up next to my boyfriend" freak me out, to me now you are just a baby, yet when I was 18 I thought I knew it all...
I married at 19, had 3 kids before I was 29, yes I have my kids to love but I have no life of ~my own~...
Please don't think having a baby to love will be wonderful. It's a miracle but very hard work...
*returns hug*

Another lonely year...

Post 17

Queen Nothing

i'm under no illusions as to how difficult it is to look after children and i've got no intention of even thinking about having kids now. i don't think i know it all - at the age of 16 i quite obviously dont..... but there's nothing worrying about waking up with a hangover, next to my boyfriend on new years day - it's something over half the country has happen!

i remember something my mum says to me quite alot - that good things happen to you when your not expecting them, and you'll achieve your hearts desire when your not looking for it....

Another lonely year...

Post 18

How many times have I heard that!smiley - bigeyes
So the trick is not to do anything?

Another lonely year...

Post 19

Tefkat

Don't lose heart Babe. I was on my own for 10 years (I know it isn't as long but. . .) smiley - hug

Hey Fairy, please be careful. I had my first baby at barely 18, had 3 by 20 and the (25 yr old) husband left me because he "couldn't cope with the responsibility" smiley - steam
So I thought my daughter would have learned from knowing how much I had given up (including higher education and the chance of a decent job - believe me, it eventually comes to matter a great deal smiley - sadface), but now I'm watching her living through the results of exactly the same mistakes. She had her first at barely 17 and all her friends made a big fuss of him and didn't let it make any difference at all BUT NOW, 2½ years later she found herself totally alone at Xmas and New Year. They were all too busy going out and partying.
Heartbreaking. smiley - cry
No matter how good your friends are there are limits.

Another lonely year...

Post 20

I'm not really here

I didn't have my kid until I was 24, and now he is 6, but last year I spent xmas alone as all my friends didn't have time for a single parent.

New Year was better, but only cos a mate with kids took pity on me and took me and my son out to a local Scout Hut party. I am lucky that was my only lonely year. This year was much better, I wasn't looking for romance, but it found me. Tried to ignore it cos I didn't want it, but it didn't work. So yes, things happen when we least expect (or even want) them.

Key: Complain about this post