This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

Ow Ow Ow

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I was just horsing around with #2. We were pretending to do the flicky-leg thing from an Argentine tango.

We overbalanced and I fell - planked - right on the floor. Bashed my cheekbone, elbow, boob (yes, ow ow ow) and knee.

It really hurt, and for a short while I thought I was going to faint.

So far so normal for me.

But then smiley - chef came running over - and as I was still feeling disoriented and dizzy, and I really wasn't sure if I'd hurt myself badly I pretty much shouted "get off".

Which to me is fairly normal behaviour when someone is in that position (I'm a first aider, I see it about 50% of the time when called upon to do first aid)

And he got in a giant huff and stomped off and is now sulking and acting like an idiot.

Is that also normal?

Ow Ow Ow

Post 2

KB

smiley - laugh I'd say it could be a common enough reaction...for what it's worth, I'd probably have reacted as you did. And depending on my mood, an equal chance I'd react as smiley - chef did, too...

Or maybe that's a long-winded way of saying we need a sit-on-the-fence smiley.

Ow Ow Ow

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

haha - talk to the artists!

My elbow really hurts, but when I mentioned it smiley - chef just got all smiley - cross

smiley - wah

Ow Ow Ow

Post 4

KB

smiley - cheerup

I wonder if the Daily Mail will get wind of this, and have a "Ban Strictly" campaign, the way they would if you were imitating a video game or a horror flick.

"Len Goodman Copycat Injures Self And Daughter. Where Will The Horror End?"

Ow Ow Ow

Post 5

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Yes, it is completely normal (as in: I would have done the exact same as smiley - chef )

smiley - chef get out your slapping hand - or is Sho's the only one in the household?

smiley - pirate

Ow Ow Ow

Post 6

You can call me TC

Once you've got your breath back, go and apologise and tell him you weren't yourself. And please would he cook a nice lunch. And does he have a bag of frozen peas to put on your (insert bit which hurts most here)

Ow Ow Ow

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Your reaction is normal, but so is smiley - chef's. You'll have to apologise even though you were confused and in pain.

Get better soon - gentle smiley - hug

Ow Ow Ow

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

haha - the thought of apologising for being confused and protective of myself when in pain is giving me a good giggle.

That, my dears, ain't gonna happen. But thanks for the replies, I'm glad to see I'm pretty normal (sometimes)
smiley - tea

Ow Ow Ow

Post 9

And here I was believing you Brits apologize all the time - even when other people step on your toes smiley - laugh

Maybe the Brit in you is wearing thin? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Ow Ow Ow

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

gosh, I've never been one of those. Probably why I feel more comfortable not living there!

Ow Ow Ow

Post 11

You should move here. Nobody ever apologizes here smiley - laugh

Which is why I apologize all the time just to watch people's faces. They are completely stumped and don't know what to say so just look at you with their lower jaws on their chests smiley - rofl

smiley - pirate

Ow Ow Ow

Post 12

Cheerful Dragon

smiley - chef's action may be regarded as 'normal', but I don't think it's mature. I don't think you should apologize, either. Explain to him why you reacted the way you did and ask him to understand. Tell him that you're still in pain - play for sympathy.

A few years ago I slipped on our stairs. Hubby said I just disappeared from view, I dropped so quickly. Although I didn't actually fall down the stairs the jolt made my head spin. I was so dizzy and out of things that I couldn't respond when he asked if I was OK. He thought I was having a fit! If I'd been able to react I'd probably have told him to go away, so I think your reaction to smiley - chef was totally understandable.

Take some painkillers and use ice packs as appropriate. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Ow Ow Ow

Post 13

Sho - employed again!

I'm pretty much ok now - some pain in my elbow, but elbows are notorious for aching for ages after something like this. smiley - smiley

Ow Ow Ow

Post 14

Mature? You want people to react 'mature' in the heat of the moment? Before nobody knows how bad it actually is? Bones could have been broken, joints sprained (which can actually be a lot worse)

Nah, both of smiley - chef's reactions - first coming to the rescue, secondly being frustrated by Sho's reaction - are completely normal and fully understandable

- - -

Sho did not ask us if her own reactions were normal - but like KB I should probably have pointed out that they are, Sho. Completely!

I hope this settles it and I'm glad that nothing is left of the water under the bridge but a sore elbow. May it heal quickly.

I have spoken.

smiley - pirate

PS: And haw

Ow Ow Ow

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

smiley - smiley

Ow Ow Ow

Post 16

Cheerful Dragon

I know about elbows hurting for a long time. I had tennis elbow recently, for no obvious reason, and it took weeks to clear. I hope yours heals more quickly.

Key: Complain about this post